Has anyone been fined and taken to court for taking kids out of school in term time?

(6 Posts)
LouLoumum73 Fri 23-May-14 12:15:02

I need to speak to someone about this and so anyone who can offer any insight, please get in touch.

Cuppachaplz Fri 23-May-14 13:29:21

I thnk you probably need to check the policy of your area.
Where I live, any holidays in termite automatically generate a fine from the council.
At least half of the kid's in DS' class' parents have been fined. Very often they would rather pay the fine than the extra cost of going in the holidays.
Can you check with other people in your local council if you can't ask the school/other parents?

Cuppachaplz Fri 23-May-14 13:29:53

termite = termtime, obvs.!!!!

mummymeister Fri 23-May-14 21:52:14

why louloumum73. is it for research purposes or something that is about to happen to you?

FreeLikeABird Fri 23-May-14 21:53:23

Why do you need to speak to someone?

HolidayCriminal Mon 26-May-14 16:43:41

You only get taken to court if you don't pay the first fines notice. so pay it and no court appearance required.

Some MNers claim to be involved (?magistrates) & say that no one ever wins at court trying to avoid the fines. So waste of time to fight it.

You could get newspapers involved if you think you have compelling circumstances, would at least cover the cost of the fines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now