Some advice, please!

(4 Posts)
goldwrapped Tue 22-Oct-13 17:17:42

Hi all. What would you do?
I have 3 kids in 3 different schools, all within the same county, aged 9, 14 and 16.
We have had a tough year as a family for various reasons. It's all coming good now - hubby has just landed a contract in London which is quite well paid so he decided we should all have a holiday together.
I checked the holiday timetable provided by our local council and booked a holiday within the dates on this timetable.
I since checked the individual school timetables, and have realised that my eldest's school is an academy (he only started in September) and therefore has it's own dates which are different to the other two schools, and he will have to miss 2 days.
Should I 1) confess to the school and risk the fine; 2) get a friend to call him in sick for both days and expect him to lie about his tan?
I feel so cross about this - if we had booked exactly the same holiday leaving 2 day's earlier, it would have cost us £4,000 instead of £2,000 and we wouldn't be able to go. I hate the situation we are now forced in to!
I feel that a week abroad with his family is just as important as 2 days of school.....
What would you do?
Thanks for your advice smile xxx

DameDeepRedBetty Tue 22-Oct-13 17:21:14

I'd do the ringing in sick thing. He's old enough to know not to talk about it at school, including to his friends and on FB.

mummymeister Wed 23-Oct-13 16:23:39

I would tell the truth because I don't want my kids to grow up thinking that its OK to lie or that there is some definition between lies - some are ok some are not. send in the request to school with all the holiday booking paperwork to show when you booked and paid for it and hope reasonableness breaks out.

mummy1973 Fri 25-Oct-13 21:45:55

Tell the truth. They may not fine you. If they do you'll have to pay but it is a genuine mistake.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now