Scottish Dinosaurs??

(7 Posts)
Foxred10 Fri 16-Aug-13 16:17:03

I am hoping the collective wisdom of mumsnet will be able to help with DS1's latest request... He is desperate to go to a museum with a dinosaur in it shock. Does such a thing exist in Scotland? We're in the NE of Scotland but would be willing to travel a bit.... I'm assuming a dead one will do otherwise I really am fucked wink

bolshieoldcow Fri 16-Aug-13 16:19:25

Doesn't the National Museum on Chambers Street in Edinburgh have one? Bit of a journey from the NE but a pretty good day out...

tabulahrasa Fri 16-Aug-13 16:20:13
OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 16-Aug-13 16:21:38
candycrushhater Fri 16-Aug-13 16:22:05

Yes, the National Museum has dinosaurs and its a fab day out too! Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow also has one set of dinosaur bones - it's fairly local to us and is good for a morning or afternoon out. National Museum can fil a whole day easily.

Foxred10 Fri 16-Aug-13 16:23:22

Edinburgh it is ladies! Thank you grin now I just have to decide whether I can handle 3 hours of Gangnam Style (complete with sing along and hand jiving) on the journey down wink

Weegiemum Fri 16-Aug-13 16:32:53

Personally I'd go to Glasgow (not just cos I live there) as there's a lot more other things to do. Depends how old he is - I don't think I'd manage a whole day at any museum with mine and they're 9,11,13!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now