I have 4 children to entertain, small amount of cash and it's raining

(9 Posts)
reikizen Mon 05-Aug-13 09:03:30

I think I will take them for a walk, you are right, a bit of rain never hurt anyone (we are in manchester after all!) and we do have some nice green areas nearby. I feel better now, was just having a panic about how long it is till 5.30 when help arrives wink. Oh, but then I am going to work tonight. The joys of the summer holidays!

HeySoulSister Mon 05-Aug-13 08:58:18

ever tried geocaching? maybe not for today but for future reference!!

Theas18 Mon 05-Aug-13 08:49:51

Its not cold. You could still go out and have a puddle splashing wet walk. Shake the trees at each other and generally have wet fun then come home dry off and warm milk/cocoa and a DVD.

Either wear wellies or beach shoes and shorts. Half an hour in the rain wont give anyone health problems before the " they'll catch a chill" brigade arrive!

summermakesmesneeze Mon 05-Aug-13 08:45:35

Yes, walking to the park keeps me sane!

summermakesmesneeze Mon 05-Aug-13 08:45:00

Ooh, and you could also let them have dress up with some of your clothes and jewellery if that's their thing.

reikizen Mon 05-Aug-13 08:44:06

thanks, life is so much simpler when the sun is shining isn't it?

summermakesmesneeze Mon 05-Aug-13 08:42:53

*with me holding her hands.

summermakesmesneeze Mon 05-Aug-13 08:42:23

Make a tent for starters. Make scones or fairy cakes. Get out the jigsaws? Mine are (nearly) 3 and 7 months. Excruciating some days, the youngest just wants to walk around withe holding her hands. Doesn't leave a lot of time to play with the eldest!

reikizen Mon 05-Aug-13 08:37:44

what the bloody hell shall I do? 4 girls, aged 9 and 6. Lucky me. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now