Holiday project

(9 Posts)
scaevola Fri 24-May-13 17:08:37

As you're Londoners, you might like to include the London Air Ambulance with the other emergency services.

scaevola Fri 24-May-13 17:05:37

For you summer project, you might like to take them to the Ice Age Art exhibition at the British Museum. It's only on to 2 June, but if you can manage a visit, it might give you some ideas for later.

daftdame Fri 24-May-13 17:03:33

^You're. Typing too fast as usual!

daftdame Fri 24-May-13 17:01:57

Your welcome smile.

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 24-May-13 16:59:35

Thanks daft dame. That sounds great.

daftdame Fri 24-May-13 16:58:56

Take photos / get pictures from the internet of the vehicles stick in scrapbook / large piece of paper and label them?

Say what each service is for. You could also add pictures of the workers in uniform with equipment and label features.

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 24-May-13 16:55:26

It's about making it fun for us, irrelevant really about what they want as it isn't compulsory. He has asked to make it like our previous project that's all so was looking for some ideas.

I have just come across the Fire Brigade museum so we are looking at that.

lljkk Fri 24-May-13 16:52:19

What happens if you don't do the research?

Isn't it just go to the library, find some relevant books, read them together, and cut out any relevant pictures you notice in next week in a magazine or newspaper, send in to school in his bag (at very most)? Do they want more than that?

mixedmamameansbusiness Fri 24-May-13 16:21:27

Ds2 in reception has been given holiday homework to research the emergency services for his topic next half term.

In the summer we usually do a little project, scrapbook, visits etc, last year we did Ancient Egypt and he has asked if we can make this like that so that he can tke something in to show his class, so I am looking for ideas for emergency services.

Ds1 and ds2 have asked for the summer project to be the Stone Age... But I have time for this one but any ideas for this would be great too.

We are in London.

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now