Please recommend a summer school/camp for my sons

(11 Posts)
Londonchildrenspractice Thu 12-Jun-14 15:22:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Worldcupsports Mon 01-Jul-13 14:28:50

If you are want to keep your children occupied all day every day this summer and would prefer to keep them away from the computer and TV, then you can always book them onto our fun packed summer camp us at WorldcupSports.

We offer a wide programme of sports and other activities including:
Football, Gymnastics, Athletics, Basketball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Dodge ball, Danish Long Ball, Cricket, Baseball, Swimming, Drama, Baking, Art, Fencing, Parachute games and Fives.

We are based both in Harrow and Mill Hill and have been running successfully for over 25 years, and also offer the most competitive pricing for our areas. If interested please feel free to give us a call on 020 8422 0383 or email at Worldcupsports@aol.com.

You can also visit our website: www.worldcupsports.co.uk if you want to have a closer look.

Kenlee Sat 09-Mar-13 05:50:42

I understand I left my DD on residential as I found she will improved in several areas.

1) Independance
2) EQ
3) Communication

The school has a lot of international students. Although I found that a Year 4 HK students written English maybe better than those attending. After saying that you will find speaking to children with different accents helps to improve your childs English oral understanding.

middleeasternpromise Sat 09-Mar-13 05:15:17

If you are looking for day camps for your children to go to with the goal of them spending time with English speaking kids you can try Barracudas which is well liked by many parents - its not a teaching program but fun based activities and is mainly used by working parents. They are all over London so you can base yourself close to one and take it from there.

www.barracudas.co.uk/ alternatively try www.campbeaumont.co.uk/our-camps/ equally good - same sort of thing on offer.

hkfamily Sat 09-Mar-13 04:15:27

Thank you so much, Kenlee.

I found that most summer schools offer residential camp instead of homestay one. Since my husband and I will stay with them in London or elsewhere (countryside is ok) so it's better to have a non-residential summer school. Thank you for your help.

Kenlee Sat 09-Mar-13 02:06:18

just remember called twin group

Kenlee Fri 08-Mar-13 23:47:16

If your looking for a good English course full of fun. I suggest going to St Cathrines...its run by another company forgot the name.

Its located in Bramely which is about 30min drive out of london.

My daughter had a great time when she was 9...

scaevola Thu 07-Mar-13 14:02:21

No, it's in Uppingham - about 120 miles north of London. I think they have a separate programme there focussed on learning English.

hkfamily Thu 07-Mar-13 09:04:38

Thank you scaevola. Actually I think my kids will have fun and learn English through the activities in the summer school so I think a mixture of art, science, music, sports or others are fine to us. I am not familiar with London. The Uppingham Summer School is located at London? Or do you have other suggestions?

scaevola Tue 05-Mar-13 15:07:25

What sorts of activities do you want from the camp?

Uppingham Summer School might be worth a look - especially as it has some parallel adult courses.

hkfamily Tue 05-Mar-13 15:02:05

Hi, we are from Hong Kong. We will go to London on 20 July and probably stay for about three weeks. I am now looking for a summer school/camp for my sons, age 8 & 10. After booking the camp, we will search for nearby hotels or short-term rent apartment (if any?). I searched for ATE which was highly recommended but they will start their camps at the beginning of August. So please recommend me any good summer camps, thank you so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now