Any suggestions for activities for a 15 year old boy once GCSEs are finished?

(3 Posts)
BlueFeather Mon 04-Feb-13 13:30:51

Ah - interesting. I hadn't heard of this but possibly because it doesn't cover my area (seems to be for London, Surrey, Manchester, Lancashire and the West Midlands only). But I did click on the link for the National Citizen Service www.ncsyes.co.uk and registered with them - maybe there are providers offering similar activities in my area (West Sussex)

TheWave Mon 04-Feb-13 12:11:32

We have been looking at The Challenge as the school has given us some info. 2 weeks and could count towards DoE, seems quite good value.

In fact if anyone else has done this or knows more we'd like to know more too!

BlueFeather Mon 04-Feb-13 12:03:13

I am looking for activities that my son can do once his GCSEs have finished - which is a lot earlier than I was expecting (end of May rather than end of June!). I am prepared to pay for him to do a week's activity holiday or something like that (my daughter did something similar that was arranged by her school and I do try to be fair!) but I can't find any that run in June - all the companies that I have looked at stop their holidays after half term and don't start again until around 20th July.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now