Geocaching

(4 Posts)
assumpta Tue 02-Aug-11 15:42:03

How on earth do I do this, I can't find any printable instructions as back up if I lose GPS signal. And when I put my details into my gps on a touch phone it doesn't tell me which way to go. Sorry, but I am very confused! Please help me.

GypsyMoth Tue 02-Aug-11 20:11:13

i used to print the page off from home,but you can send instructions to your phone/dvice

what are you using? often we just read up on rough location and do it that way,as i no longer have my iphone

wheresthepimms Thu 11-Aug-11 14:49:40

What phone do you have? If it is an android or an iPhone then there are apps for it, cgeo works well on the android phones, it has a compass etc in it and if you store them in the phone before leaving the house then you can always use it when the signal goes.

misstrunchball Sun 15-Jul-12 14:05:55

Just read this message so sorry if you have already found the following:

Sign up to geocaching.com and you can cut and paste the directions/instructions before you go (I always include the hint in this).

Invest in a proper handheld gps device as you can take spare batteries for it without having to rely on your phone all the time. I also have c.geo downloaded onto my android which I can use if we decide on the off chance to have a go but normally plan to go which is why I use the website.

Have fun smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now