Making the school holidays fun but on a very tight budget

(28 Posts)
iruby Sun 10-Jul-11 14:34:09

Hi,

I am after some practical advice for things to do with my DD who is 8, over the summer holidays. My budget is very tight as I going to be made redundant. We live in Newcastle. Any ideas would be great.

Thank you

HeatherRSPB Fri 12-Aug-11 10:43:10

Looking for something FREE to do this weekend?
RSPB Dungeness nature reserve is holding its Family Fun Weekend on 13th and 14th August from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
Admission is free to families all weekend and there are loads of things to do ... grab a free goodie bag and have a go at our scavenger hunt, go pond dipping, have your face painted, make a bird feeder, do some art and craft, go on a bug hunt, play some games and lots more.
Call 01797 320588 , check out our website www.rspb.org.uk/dungeness or just turn up at the reserve!!
See you there!

We have "crazy Wednesday's" at our house. Everyone is welcome between 10 and 2 (we get children and adults!) and we do mad science all day e.g.
Make a giant tower using only spaghetti and marshmallows
Drop a raw egg from the upstairs window without it breaking (points for speed and style)
What is the optimum number of mentos to put in a 2l bottle of cola for the best explosion?
All good cheap fun, and the kids think I'm super cool!

RebeccaMadScience Mon 12-Sep-11 14:15:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now