Summer School - advice

(10 Posts)
Littlestar15 Sun 12-Jun-11 20:53:11

Hi,

I am opening a one week performing arts summer school for 6 - 16 year olds. I have carried out a leaflet drop around local houses and schools and held a promtional stall in the local shopping centre. I have had some interest but these have failed to convery into sign ups. Could anyone offer advice about turning interest into a sale. I would like advice off parents as to what would encourage parents to book into my Summer Workshop.

I have recently made a website and am having equal difficulty in promoting this.

All advice would be gratefully received.

nancy75 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:02:12

I have sent you a private message.
right now is summer fair time at lots of schools, see if you can get a stall at any of them, people are more likely to sign up if they see the school think you are ok.

nancy75 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:06:07

also be aware that now is early for people to be booking - most of ours book the week before the holidays start.

cat64 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:09:55

Message withdrawn

Littlestar15 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:14:18

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to be splitting up into three groups (6-9) (9-12) and (12-16) and swop around drama, singing and dancing. Having said this I think this could be clearer in my advertising.

The price is £120 for full week - 10am till 4pm daily Monday to Friday and we are currently offering 10% early bird discount for booking before 30th June.

Thanks again

cat64 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:21:54

Message withdrawn

Littlestar15 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:35:17

Yes children do have to do all three. It's a musical theatre course which combines all three and we put on a show at the end of the week. Obviously if a child is talented in one area we will showcase that particular talent.

I think this is a good idea about providing childcare before and after what times do you think most parents would want? 9 - 5 / 10 - 6???

Thank you!!!!

cat64 Sun 12-Jun-11 21:41:58

Message withdrawn

Littlestar15 Sun 12-Jun-11 22:09:35

Thanks!

Lizcat Wed 15-Jun-11 14:25:01

I use holiday clubs a lot firstly I and the vast majority of other parents need 8 to 6 care to allow us to get to and from our 8.30/9am to 5pm jobs. I would disagree with nancy75 I booked my summer child care in March because I get a whooping discount for that.
Can people use childcare vouchers to pay again most of the people I know who use these kind of camps use the vouchers to pay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now