Mortgage when SAHP?

(4 Posts)
lndngg Thu 25-Aug-16 17:43:00

We are on a five year set interest rate for our mortgage, what have people done when that time is up? When we first got the mortgage I was working and not pregnant so had no idea I would end up at home. My advisor said we would just shop around in 5 years to keep the interest rate down, could we do this with me not working?

My Mum has said we could out her on the mortgage instead of me, but she is in NZ so I'm not sure if that would be an issue? Would love to move somewhere a bit higher but think that might now be a pipe dream!

eyebrowsonfleek Thu 25-Aug-16 17:47:52

I'm assuming that you can afford the repayments on one salary so you get the next mortgage in both of your names based on your h's income only.

FATEdestiny Thu 25-Aug-16 17:51:35

Once I was a SAHP we were in our forever home so didn't move. We wouldn't get a new mortgage now without me working, so stick with the one we have.

We have had loans for home improvements over the years, but no remortgage

SillySongsWithLarry Thu 25-Aug-16 17:54:10

Providing DH income is sufficient to remortgage you can get a joint mortgage based on his sole income with any provider. Otherwise stay with your current provider and choose a new deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now