SAHM successful returners

(2 Posts)
londonsquirrel Tue 31-May-16 17:48:43

Hi all,
I am a SAHM of 20mo boy and I have been thinking of going back to work for more than half a year now.

For family reasons I did not work during pregnancy, so it has been a while now since my corporate existence, over 3 years. I used to work in IT, manage a team of business analysts. When I left I thought I would like to do something different. But a few years passed and I am now thinking it was not that bad and I actually enjoy that kind of brain exercise you get working in IT.

When first thought I should go back to work at around my son's first birthday I was really panicking that I am not a good enough mother, that I am wasting my degree and committed a career suicide, that we don't have a good enough house, we don't make enough savings, we don't contribute enough to the pension. I was actually depressed back then, not really ready for the market.

I got less anxious and depressed since then, I truly enjoy my time with my son and I am grateful for my DH I could have this career break. I am now exploring the market and updating the CV. Also, I cannot help but read those articles about how hard it is to return to the paid workforce after a career break. Not quite what I need at this point though.

I believe, mumsnet has loads of experience with going back to work after SAHM. Could you share success stories please?

Helen923 Fri 08-Jul-16 16:08:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Spam!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now