Do you find it odd being a free agent

(7 Posts)
ipsos Thu 04-Jun-15 23:36:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ipsos Thu 04-Jun-15 23:59:49

toomuchtooold Mon 08-Jun-15 14:49:19

I know when I was back at work for a while what I really enjoyed was the fact that you had time when you were guaranteed off duty (from the kids, anyway). My two still have a lunchtime nap so there is some free time but you never know how long it is going to be. I never really relax.

ipsos Mon 08-Jun-15 22:25:03

morethanpotatoprints Wed 10-Jun-15 17:40:42

hello, have only just seen this thread.

It's what really appeals to me about being a sahm, just going with the flow and not having to answer to anybody else. It not mattering if your in tray theoretically speaking is still full at the end of the day.
I think you need to start as you mean to go on though and if you have a dh make sure they don't think its a get out clause that you are a sahm, you aren't his maid grin
As for the dc, i think they start to appreciate what you do for them when they are older and ime you only need to down tools once for them all to appreciate what you do.
for me the sense of achievement was what I was doing for the dc and home that others couldn't do and I saw it as investing in our families well being and happiness.
The only recognition you should need is from your family because society mainly doesn't recognise the work a parent does raising their children.
It does get better when dc are older and they do thank you and show appreciation.

ipsos Wed 10-Jun-15 22:14:55

morethanpotatoprints Wed 10-Jun-15 23:08:23

we've all been there, even if some pretend not to have been.
It makes for an exciting life, it would be boring if it was always plain sailing.
I will add however, you do deserve and need some time for yourself, which also increases as the dc get older.
You can also get yourself some good projects going too, this helps if you miss working to a deadline.
I have had so many hobbies and interests during the last 23 years shock some I kept up, others I left behind.
belly dancing? I can't believe I did this blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now