Audlem, Cheshire

(5 Posts)
OutIntoTheBlue Thu 26-May-16 11:22:12

Anyone live round there? We're moving as husband has new job near Crewe, and work colleagues have recommended Audlem as a nice village. Any advice? We have 2 primary school aged children so looking for schools too. (other recommended place is Nantwich, is that classed as rural?)

atigerinmytank Thu 26-May-16 14:17:59

Auden is nice but have you looked at Farndon and malpas - bit further towards Wales but my old stomping ground with really good schools

Google malpas Alport and bishop Heber high school.

I used to commute to Crewe daily from both villages.

atigerinmytank Thu 26-May-16 14:18:57

And nantwich is rural really - it is a small market town surrounded by lots of beautiful countryside

JT05 Tue 31-May-16 20:46:50

Great place to live. My late Aunt and Uncle lived there fron 1970 til 2009. Aunt taught at the wonderful primary school, where cousins also attended.
Lots of village life/ activities and local shops. Also on the canal so lovely rural feeling. Nantwich, a few miles away has all the shopping anyone could want.
I was always envious of their lifestyle, but jobs kept me in cities.

OutIntoTheBlue Thu 02-Jun-16 09:28:33

Thanks both. tiger I grew up not far from Farndon (just the other side of Wrexham), and its lovely that way, and would be nearer family; but need to be more towards Keele as hoping to go there for my work.
JT05 I think we've settled on Audlem, OH looked at a couple of houses there yesterday, good to hear positive thoughts on the place! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now