Super S-L-O-W broadband !

(4 Posts)
Elizabusybee Tue 10-May-16 16:05:13

We are in The south west, just outside a village where superfast broadband has recently been installed. However BT have said we are not in the area covered and can't have superfast. Our already slow speeds are now even lower than they were before superfast arrived, max 2MB download, and max 0.2 upload. And that's when the kids are at school ! Does anyone have any experience of alternative options ? Satellite, mini mast ? Needless to say we only get poor 2G mobile signal too !
Other than these issues we love it here. TIA

HildurOdegard Mon 16-May-16 12:45:27

I have a few friends use satellite.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Wed 25-May-16 18:34:46

I gather you can arrange for 4G connectivity as well but haven't looked into it. We are in a similar position. angry

Elizabusybee Wed 25-May-16 20:08:22

Thanks Furbys, however, we can only get 2g ! And not always indoors so that's a non starter for us. I have looked further into radiowaves ( not available in our area) and satellite. The satellite is expensive to set up and at least 2x BTs monthly broadband cost, there are some grants you can apply for o set it up. ..but they can't guarantee the 17mbps they advertise, they said at peak times it "may be up to 4mbps on average". So vague. The satellite is definitely not suitable for gaming due to the time lag. So DS1 is miffed. Rumour has it locally that the emergency services have agreed to use EE from 2017 instead of their current radio system so EE will be improving their signal, so maybe we'll be able to access 4g then ! Ever hopeful ! Annoyingly we're only 400 meters from the superfast box in the village. Good luck with your BB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now