Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Partner has turned out to be a nutter

(138 Posts)
SnackJack Sun 25-Jan-09 22:26:14

I'm feeling so down and fed up. I was a single parent for almost 8 years, had a few disastrous relationships in the meantime, ended up thinking I was meant to be alone for ever and then I met what I thought to be a lovely man.
He would take me out for dinner, send me flowers randomly, treated me like a princess, I LOVED spending time with him, we were planning a holiday together and he was great with my kids.

I really thought he was "the one".

Anyway for the past couple of weeks things have been different, he has seemed pre-occupied, when I phone he seems 'cold' and made excuses about why we couldn't meet until last night he said "we need to talk" and I thought "great, here it comes...its not working out or 'i've found someone else' blah blah blah"

So we arranged for him to come here tonight. I made us dinner, he was quiet all night. Kids went to bed, I asked what he wanted to talk about and he started off by saying "this is going to be so hard, you're not going to understand or even believe what I tell you but its taken so much courage to decide it needs to be said"

So I'm like hmm just get on with it...

He sits opposite me, holds my hand, looks directly at me and with the straightest face you could imagine says......

"I'm a vampire".

I didn't say anything at first, just looked at him before saying "what?" and he repeated it.

I obviously assumed it was a metaphore for something else but he went on to assure me that he was actually a real, full on vampire.

I told him I wasn't in the mood for games and playing around, sense of humour may have taken a dive tonight, whatever but I wanted to know why he has cooled right off these past few weeks. He kept on with this stupid fucking vampire story until in the end I just told him to leave.

I can't believe it has ended like this. I mean, if he wanted to break up, why couldn't he give me a proper reason? we have been together for almost a year now, surely too long to take the piss like this as a quick and half hearted way to dump me?

I'm sick to death of everything. DD is playing me up something rotten and now I'm stuck back to being a single parent again.

Yeah, maybe try a werewolf next time?

grin

Sorry!!!! I know you're upset about it and feel let down, I am just trying to make light of it a bit to cheer you up. Sorry if it comes across as offensive though.

I couldn't stay with someone who had such extreme erm, hobbies. I would just always look at them and think "Nutter - you're a nutter."

lol see, it totally wouldn't bother me! in fact, i'd be quite curious about it all. but then i'm a bit like that.
i mean, if you like him you like him, he's still the same person

Jux Sun 25-Jan-09 23:28:13

That Vampire Temple site linked to says this:

"The Vampire does not kill the living human prey
but we do consume the excess energy of life, the human Lifeforce."

Do you feel your life force is depleted when you're with him? If it is, then he might be telling you the truth.

ladycornyofsilke Sun 25-Jan-09 23:28:19

Did you ever meet him in the day?

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Sun 25-Jan-09 23:29:49

i think he'd sap anyones life force by the sound of him!

Jux Sun 25-Jan-09 23:31:20

It also says the vampire is a living God. Is he all shiney? Does he gleam? (Is he particularly well-hung - a must for every god, surely?)

MrsPickles Sun 25-Jan-09 23:32:40

I once had a client who told me he was a werewolf. It was by way of explanation for having just locked himself in the reception loos for 15 mins to do coke and having pissed all over the walls. He said the full moon was out so it was causing him to behave oddly. Our receptionist was doing her nut but on the way out he told her he was vampire. So I suspect he was neither a vampire or a werewold.

Errm, I'm very sorry but lucky escape?

Heated Sun 25-Jan-09 23:34:15
ravenAK Sun 25-Jan-09 23:34:42

Obviously it's a bit sad.

I'm a goth. Everyone laughs at us. Bravo even have 'laughing at goths' as one of their straplines for the ad breaks in the 'A Team' grin

Even WE laugh at people who think they're vampires...

<I'm going to feel mildly guilty if the OP turns out to be genuine. But only mildly>

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:34:52

SnackJack... did you ever see him during daylight hours? Did you eat with him when garlic was a component of the dish? Do you wear a crucifix or have any around? Did you never notice his lack of reflection?

grin

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:35:29

A little bit of wee escaped as I read this thread.

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:36:03

ARF at twinset

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:37:21

Heated having read that link I think I am a vampire.

badassmarthafocker Sun 25-Jan-09 23:38:58

were there no clues?

was he very pale?

did he sleep in a coffin?

Wonderstuff Sun 25-Jan-09 23:39:39

Bless you. There used to be a 'vampire' who lived in my town, he had his teeth extended so they were all pointed, it made him speak with a lisp, and look really rather stupid. You had a lucky escape and also have a cracking story to tell. (hugs)

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:40:33

Unusually white skin - yes
Dp often cooks me rare steak and says it gives me colour in my cheeks.
My dad disapeared
I often get told I look young for my age
I am tired in the morning but energetic at night
I switch between very social and anti social
I cant hold my drink though

ladycornyofsilke Sun 25-Jan-09 23:46:43

There would be some advantages to being shacked up with a vampire. Save on food bills, he won't get a beer belly or have garlic breath, you can mumsnet all day without him knowing. You've got to weigh up the pros and cons.

JackBauer Sun 25-Jan-09 23:47:08

Oh dear SJ, you have had a lucky escape, what a weirdo, and to not tell you this for a year makes it worse (IYSWIM)

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:48:34

Missed the bit of the OP where she said she'd known him a year before the confession that he was a creature of the night shock

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:49:29

Could you not wean him onto fat not blood ( vampire lead weaning) and then he could give you free liposuction.

Wonderstuff Sun 25-Jan-09 23:50:20

The are you a vampire link is fantastic. I frequented 2 different vampire friendly clubs when I was a yoof LOL grin

ladycornyofsilke Sun 25-Jan-09 23:51:22

A fat sucking vampire - we'll all want one!

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:52:10

arf again at twinset's 'vampire lead weaning' grin

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:53:16

That website has a vampire humour page

There once was a vampire named Mabel, who's period was notoriously stable So one night in June she sat with a spoon and drank herself under the table.

<<twinset wants to make it clear that she did not make that little ditty up.

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:54:41

PMSL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now