Note: Mumsnetters don't necessarily have the qualifications or experience to offer relationships counselling or to provide help in cases of domestic violence. Mumsnet can't be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Partner has turned out to be a nutter

(138 Posts)
SnackJack Sun 25-Jan-09 22:26:14

I'm feeling so down and fed up. I was a single parent for almost 8 years, had a few disastrous relationships in the meantime, ended up thinking I was meant to be alone for ever and then I met what I thought to be a lovely man.
He would take me out for dinner, send me flowers randomly, treated me like a princess, I LOVED spending time with him, we were planning a holiday together and he was great with my kids.

I really thought he was "the one".

Anyway for the past couple of weeks things have been different, he has seemed pre-occupied, when I phone he seems 'cold' and made excuses about why we couldn't meet until last night he said "we need to talk" and I thought "great, here it comes...its not working out or 'i've found someone else' blah blah blah"

So we arranged for him to come here tonight. I made us dinner, he was quiet all night. Kids went to bed, I asked what he wanted to talk about and he started off by saying "this is going to be so hard, you're not going to understand or even believe what I tell you but its taken so much courage to decide it needs to be said"

So I'm like hmm just get on with it...

He sits opposite me, holds my hand, looks directly at me and with the straightest face you could imagine says......

"I'm a vampire".

I didn't say anything at first, just looked at him before saying "what?" and he repeated it.

I obviously assumed it was a metaphore for something else but he went on to assure me that he was actually a real, full on vampire.

I told him I wasn't in the mood for games and playing around, sense of humour may have taken a dive tonight, whatever but I wanted to know why he has cooled right off these past few weeks. He kept on with this stupid fucking vampire story until in the end I just told him to leave.

I can't believe it has ended like this. I mean, if he wanted to break up, why couldn't he give me a proper reason? we have been together for almost a year now, surely too long to take the piss like this as a quick and half hearted way to dump me?

I'm sick to death of everything. DD is playing me up something rotten and now I'm stuck back to being a single parent again.

hellymelly Sun 25-Jan-09 22:31:59

He sounds completely and utterly bonkers,it may not feel like it now but I think you've had a lucky escape and in a year or so you will be laughing about it.There are a lot of nutty men out there,you have just had the bad luck to date one.

saphron Sun 25-Jan-09 22:32:25

Maybe he is into neck biting, and its his way of telling you.

Heated Sun 25-Jan-09 22:33:17

Surely there were clues?

moondog Sun 25-Jan-09 22:34:22

hmm

moondog Sun 25-Jan-09 22:34:35

grin

moondog Sun 25-Jan-09 22:34:44

shock

Hmmm - when did he decide to be a vampire? hmm His behavior changed last few weeks, so was it then he decided to be one?

Heated Sun 25-Jan-09 22:35:33

Did he have a reflection?

Quattrocento Sun 25-Jan-09 22:35:44

I'm really sorry SnackJack

But agog that there are modernday vampires. What do they do? How would his vampirishness affect his (your) life?

oh dear.

fwiw there are communities of "vampires" just google it! some people have special caps made for their teeth! and you can get ones with little tubes in so you can drink blood.
some of them do in fact have "victims" who cut themselves to provide the "vampire" with blood.

so erm, yes, still weird! but it might not be a lie

YeToxicHighRoad Sun 25-Jan-09 22:41:46

That's a fantastic story SJ! Laughed my cods off. Thanks darling.

Loreleyjynx Sun 25-Jan-09 22:45:00

Hi Snackjack.
So sorry for you. Men are so good at hiding who they really are.
My Dad had a stroke and after my sis had rushed up here to be with him, as we didn't know whether he was going to make it through the first 48 hours, her partner of 3 and a half years phoned her and dumped her, saying he'd met some-one else.????
This sounds a bit alarming to me and I think that you should give him a wide berth. It's very abnormal behaviour.
I've been there, too, as a single parent. It is lonely. Sorry there's nothing I can say to make you feel better.
Thinking of you - big hug.
Loreley

Bloody hell, what did you make him for dinner to prompt this announcement? Garlic mushrooms?!

Tidgypuds Sun 25-Jan-09 22:52:30

Where there really no clues?

Did he wear his collar up
Pasty complexion/borrowed your rouge
Long nails
Did he sleep with his arms crossed
Did he say 1 hahahahaha 2hahahahaha 3hahahahaha 4hahahaha so on and so forth?

Quattrocento Sun 25-Jan-09 22:52:30

I did google it, and do you know there ARE real vampires out there? this organisation claims to have been registered as a religion in the US

Blimey

WEESLEEKITLauriefairycake Sun 25-Jan-09 22:56:32

You're not 'stuck being a single parent again' - you have got away from someone who looks at your neck lasciviously while you sleep.

Who thinks drinking blood has health properties.

Who you would never want a cat with.

Or a kid, particularly a baby with prominent veins.

There are some strange people in this world. My sister once went out with someone who said he believed that because he felt that he was somehow different from everyone else, it was clear to him that he was in fact an alien from another planet. He also admitted to regularly shagging sofas. Funniliy enough, his housemate/best mate also once claimed that on his way home one night, a figure had kind of flown down from a tree in front of him, a vampire-like figure - maybe it was your boyfriend?! Hmmmmm.......very wierd people about....

YeToxicHighRoad Sun 25-Jan-09 22:57:59

Snackjack, this is your first post as well.... Can't decide who's laughing more now - him or you?

Feenie Sun 25-Jan-09 22:59:11

Is it? I just did a search, and found several....

ravenAK Sun 25-Jan-09 23:01:28

Has he been to the cinema & seen 'Twilight' by any chance? grin

Intheclouds Sun 25-Jan-09 23:01:55

mmm, he has lost the plot {shock}

UnquietDad Sun 25-Jan-09 23:02:34

Perhaps it was his way of saying he is getting a bit long in the tooth for a serious relationship.

You didn't give him any garlic bread with dinner, did you?...

I'm sorry, everyone is taking the piss... I know some people "genuinely" think they are vampires. But I thought most of them were about 15...

SnackJack Sun 25-Jan-09 23:03:17

I know it sounds stupid, I'M not making up what he said although obviously I'm not saying what he said was true!

Please don't think I'm a troll, I feel shitty enough as it is.

Thinking back, there have been certain "wierdness" about things he has said but I've just always ignored it. It never seemed like a big deal until now.

And amazingly he was actually offended that I didn't believe him hmm

well you know, maybe he really believes this. and it's a big part of his life??

sooo you can either accept his vampire-ness and live with it, if he's that lovely.

or, write him off and find someone better suited to you.

Yeah, maybe try a werewolf next time?

grin

Sorry!!!! I know you're upset about it and feel let down, I am just trying to make light of it a bit to cheer you up. Sorry if it comes across as offensive though.

I couldn't stay with someone who had such extreme erm, hobbies. I would just always look at them and think "Nutter - you're a nutter."

lol see, it totally wouldn't bother me! in fact, i'd be quite curious about it all. but then i'm a bit like that.
i mean, if you like him you like him, he's still the same person

Jux Sun 25-Jan-09 23:28:13

That Vampire Temple site linked to says this:

"The Vampire does not kill the living human prey
but we do consume the excess energy of life, the human Lifeforce."

Do you feel your life force is depleted when you're with him? If it is, then he might be telling you the truth.

ladycornyofsilke Sun 25-Jan-09 23:28:19

Did you ever meet him in the day?

controlfreakythecontrolfreak Sun 25-Jan-09 23:29:49

i think he'd sap anyones life force by the sound of him!

Jux Sun 25-Jan-09 23:31:20

It also says the vampire is a living God. Is he all shiney? Does he gleam? (Is he particularly well-hung - a must for every god, surely?)

MrsPickles Sun 25-Jan-09 23:32:40

I once had a client who told me he was a werewolf. It was by way of explanation for having just locked himself in the reception loos for 15 mins to do coke and having pissed all over the walls. He said the full moon was out so it was causing him to behave oddly. Our receptionist was doing her nut but on the way out he told her he was vampire. So I suspect he was neither a vampire or a werewold.

Errm, I'm very sorry but lucky escape?

Heated Sun 25-Jan-09 23:34:15
ravenAK Sun 25-Jan-09 23:34:42

Obviously it's a bit sad.

I'm a goth. Everyone laughs at us. Bravo even have 'laughing at goths' as one of their straplines for the ad breaks in the 'A Team' grin

Even WE laugh at people who think they're vampires...

<I'm going to feel mildly guilty if the OP turns out to be genuine. But only mildly>

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:34:52

SnackJack... did you ever see him during daylight hours? Did you eat with him when garlic was a component of the dish? Do you wear a crucifix or have any around? Did you never notice his lack of reflection?

grin

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:35:29

A little bit of wee escaped as I read this thread.

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:36:03

ARF at twinset

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:37:21

Heated having read that link I think I am a vampire.

badassmarthafocker Sun 25-Jan-09 23:38:58

were there no clues?

was he very pale?

did he sleep in a coffin?

Wonderstuff Sun 25-Jan-09 23:39:39

Bless you. There used to be a 'vampire' who lived in my town, he had his teeth extended so they were all pointed, it made him speak with a lisp, and look really rather stupid. You had a lucky escape and also have a cracking story to tell. (hugs)

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:40:33

Unusually white skin - yes
Dp often cooks me rare steak and says it gives me colour in my cheeks.
My dad disapeared
I often get told I look young for my age
I am tired in the morning but energetic at night
I switch between very social and anti social
I cant hold my drink though

ladycornyofsilke Sun 25-Jan-09 23:46:43

There would be some advantages to being shacked up with a vampire. Save on food bills, he won't get a beer belly or have garlic breath, you can mumsnet all day without him knowing. You've got to weigh up the pros and cons.

JackBauer Sun 25-Jan-09 23:47:08

Oh dear SJ, you have had a lucky escape, what a weirdo, and to not tell you this for a year makes it worse (IYSWIM)

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:48:34

Missed the bit of the OP where she said she'd known him a year before the confession that he was a creature of the night shock

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:49:29

Could you not wean him onto fat not blood ( vampire lead weaning) and then he could give you free liposuction.

Wonderstuff Sun 25-Jan-09 23:50:20

The are you a vampire link is fantastic. I frequented 2 different vampire friendly clubs when I was a yoof LOL grin

ladycornyofsilke Sun 25-Jan-09 23:51:22

A fat sucking vampire - we'll all want one!

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:52:10

arf again at twinset's 'vampire lead weaning' grin

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:53:16

That website has a vampire humour page

There once was a vampire named Mabel, who's period was notoriously stable So one night in June she sat with a spoon and drank herself under the table.

<<twinset wants to make it clear that she did not make that little ditty up.

themoon66 Sun 25-Jan-09 23:54:41

PMSL

twinsetandpearls Sun 25-Jan-09 23:57:13

It us full of rather tasteless period jokes.

I suppose if you dated a vampire he would go down on you even when you are on your period, not many men would do that.

MoreSpamThanGlam Mon 26-Jan-09 00:01:29

I used to be a werewolf....

But Im alright nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

themoon66 Mon 26-Jan-09 00:02:05

Seriously, OP, I would ring him back and ask why he had to play stupid childish games instead of giving you the real reason he wanted out of the relationship.

snowleopard Mon 26-Jan-09 00:02:18

<freaked out> I tick most of the boxes for being a vampire!!! shock All the pale skin, personal space, sense sensitivities, social quirks, cold bedroom and whatnot, to a startling degree.

(although I got a bit stuck with the ones about how you feel after drinking human blood etc. - love the way they just ask that in passing. Hmm... now I think about it - human blood does perk me up! )

beanieb Mon 26-Jan-09 00:02:44

Sounds like that American thing, 'true blood' grin

snowleopard Mon 26-Jan-09 00:03:58

But seriously to OP - if he really said all that, I wouldn't trust him again. Either he's into mind games - not good - or he really thinks he's a vampire - not good.

twinsetandpearls Mon 26-Jan-09 00:07:27

If this is serious as SL says there is not a positive out of this unless he has a very bizzare sense of humour.

dsrplus8haggisandneeps Mon 26-Jan-09 00:55:26

just get him a new job on the nightshift and all will be good! lol grin

lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 01:10:20

i am a definite vampire according to that site

twentypence Mon 26-Jan-09 01:22:52

I'm thinking mental illness.

McStadenofKilsyth Mon 26-Jan-09 01:49:56

I did see something on TV a while back about people who believe they're vampires. My first thought was 'weirdos'. Being a goth or whatever, fine, but thinking you're a supernatural creature of ze night??
PMSL at vampire link btw.

YeToxicHighRoad Mon 26-Jan-09 08:41:29

I really need to go to bed - but I'm scared!

YeToxicHighRoad Mon 26-Jan-09 08:42:57

Sorry delayed post.

thequietone Mon 26-Jan-09 09:08:22

You know what - I really feel for you. I was dumped because my then-boyfriend received a message from God saying that I was evil!

Whaaaaaaaa??

I'm sorry to hear this has happened, but in the long run you'll realise that he's probably not good to have around.

SnackJack Mon 26-Jan-09 10:50:11

Ok, this has obviously come across like a joke thread and I can't say I blame people for thinking it isn't serious.

The thing is, this is not a thread saying "help, my boyfriend is a vampire!" it is a thread saying "my partner of a year has suddenly ended the relationship with no proper explanation and tried to rip the piss out of me in the mean time with a stupid childish story.

I just can't understand why he would do that. The thing is he didn't look like he was trying not to laugh or that he was messing around, he was DEADLY serious.

If he'd said "I know its wierd but I like to dress up as a creature of the night in my spare time" I'd be like "ok ... strange but whatever" but it wasn't like that, he actually said he grows fangs when he smells blood and has to avoid sunlight or he burns, that's why he lives in Scotland.

He said the reason he has stayed away from me this past week is that I have been working in a "give blood" shop and the smell was driving him crazy.

In the past he has always said stuff like "I'm not like everyone else" (but all blokes say that, doesn't usually mean they're a sodding vampire) and "There's stuff about me you don't know and won't understand" and I just thought that was referring to his dress sense.

Anyway, I've not spoken to him since he "told me" but he sent me a text this morning acting as if nothing has happened sad he wants me to meet him and his friends "for dinner".

Bloody men.

snowleopard Mon 26-Jan-09 10:55:07

Sorry but - that last post is hilarious, very well written too!

At least as a silver lining you could turn this into a bestselling novel.

Snackjack, I wouldn't go and meet him and his friends if I were you. Maybe YOU are dinner.

grin

BitOfFun Mon 26-Jan-09 11:01:28

I believe you I think. I don't understand though why anyone would do this. It must be so disappointing, and I think I'd be absolutely fuming to have someone waste my time like that. I don't know what to say really, but in a few months you WILL laugh about it, I'm sure.

Dior Mon 26-Jan-09 11:03:06

If this is a joke, very good!

If not, he sounds mentally ill. I would keep well clear!

What I don't understand is how he claims to grow fangs when he smells blood. Well, can't you just ask him to SHOW you this happening. Does he look a bit toothy when you've got your period? And you MUST have met up with him during daylight hours over the course of the year at SOME point? Or does he have shares in Soltan?

I just can't see how he can carry on with that daft story with you as at some point he's going to look like an absolute dickhead.

SnackJack Mon 26-Jan-09 11:18:48

He did make a note early on of when I had my period and thinking back, he did always keep his distance around those times.

I suppose I could ask him to show me the fangs but at the time I just didn't want to encourage him or say anything to suggest I was actually falling for his story.

We have met up in daylight, he always used to say he couldn't go out in the sun as he had very, very sensitive skin but we used to go out on overcast days, I saw much more of him in the winter and on night times.

I don't know, I'm just so confused.

BitOfFun Mon 26-Jan-09 11:21:25

Oh ok then <kicks self>

At least I can tell myself my reply would be useful to someone who has actually been dumped by a vampire...

blush

Lurkinaround Mon 26-Jan-09 11:26:08

I just hate it when men turn out to be vampires. Happens to me all the time.

And one man liked to wrap me head to toe in bandages but I reckon he just wanted me to be his mummy.

Boom!!! I'm here all week. Try the chicken.

UnquietDad Mon 26-Jan-09 11:28:11

I once went out with a woman who turned out to be a soul-stealing creature who sucked the life-force out of men and left them lifeless husks.

She wasn't a demon, that was just how she was.

SnackJack Mon 26-Jan-09 11:33:36

Ok well I text him back saying I would meet up with him by himself to talk things over. I'm going to ask him why he really wants to end the relationship and ask him to respect me enough not to tell me stupid stories.

We're meeting at 8pm tonight and going to Frankie and Benny's so I'm going to order shit loads of garlic mushrooms and garlic bread just to see his reaction.

Maybe I should humour him and tell him it's fine that he's a vampire, I'm a witch ... it's good to be different hmm

BitOfFun Mon 26-Jan-09 11:34:32

What was the holiday you were planning? A vampire might have issues with a week of sun, surely?

Wonderstuff Mon 26-Jan-09 11:36:38

When I was a goth, many years ago I knew some very odd people, many of the boys were really into role playing and dressing up and a few really seemed to have lost all sense of reality and fantasy, my 'friend' with the fangs being one example, I also knew a guy who would always start conversations telling you about the latest demon encounter he had, so I do believe you and I do sympathise. He sounds a bit unstable, I would stay well clear.

hmm

0 0
v v

I can't believe he expects you just to say OH ok then and carry on as normal
Have you asked him what he does expect?
I would ask for proof too eg seeing fangs growing

UnquietDad Mon 26-Jan-09 11:50:41

Some people quite seriously claim to be witches too, of course hmm

MissusLindt Mon 26-Jan-09 11:57:52

We do have sun in Scotland you know. Granted it is not the Mediterannean but it is not all rain either.

Either this is a joke, so well done.

Or it is real, and you need to avoid your partner, particularly when your mooncup is in use.

waspriceyp Mon 26-Jan-09 12:05:55

Um, I know someone who claims to be a vampire. I'm going to facebook them now to see what it entails. Subs that kind of thing grin

cocolepew Mon 26-Jan-09 12:06:39

If this is real, I'm sorry you feel let down.

But, my God, it made me laugh blush.

TheLorax Mon 26-Jan-09 12:26:36

CountessDracula, with respect, should you be on this thread? I mean, it must be hard for you to remain objective?winkgrin

TheFirstLiffey Mon 26-Jan-09 12:32:23

Wow this is so funny snackjack, you're upset now, but this is going to be a great story for your grandchildren. if you think granny just sat around knitting and playing bridge, come here and listen to this grandchildren!!1 now, can you trump that?

and you're not stuck being a single parent again, you're lucky you've escaped a nutter. go to frankie and bennies though order garlic mayonnaise for your garlic mushrooms and garlic bread, and then just for good measure, push a stake through his heart, just to see if he morphs into a four hundred year old corpse.

Quattrocento Mon 26-Jan-09 12:41:31

Snack I'm sure this is a wind-up but it's a good one. Am chuckling again as I read.

Arf and boak at Twinset's ditty.

AnyFucker Mon 26-Jan-09 12:44:23

snackjack, who are you really??? < scratches head and thinks of regs with a sense of humour who haven't posted on this thread>

psychomum?

wannaBe Mon 26-Jan-09 12:51:20

His name isn't alex is it?

On another site I used to go on there was someone who claimed he was a vampire. he was seriously weird, and we actually had reservations as to whether anything he said was true, but he was adament about the vampire stuff.

Takes all sorts...

mindalina Mon 26-Jan-09 12:51:23

So that real vampire thing someone linked had me in stitches last night, and I'm perusing the rest of the site now, and imagine my shock when I read:

"you can mumsnet all day without him knowing" on this page under pros and cons of dating a vampire!

sprogger Mon 26-Jan-09 12:58:34

He burns easily and that's why he lives in Scotland.

Arf. grin

Wonderstuff Mon 26-Jan-09 13:14:54

shock mindalina, how strange!

MissusLindt Mon 26-Jan-09 13:24:12

OMG, the vampires are lurking on MN

[gets stake and garlic out of cellar]

harleyd Mon 26-Jan-09 13:38:35

i used to have a serious vampire fetish!

(now its just a mild one grin)

coolbeans Mon 26-Jan-09 13:44:23

What will you do if it turns out he's not winding you up?

(What will we do if it turns out you're not winding US up?)

ROFL at; and, "There's stuff about me you don't know and won't understand" and I just thought that was referring to his dress sense.

grin

lottiejenkins Mon 26-Jan-09 13:49:45

I saw that line in one of the OP's threads "I'm not like other guys".......Isnt that what Michael Jackson said in the Thriller video??????????????? hmm grin

harleyd Mon 26-Jan-09 13:58:33

you know, i think if he's a lovely bloke and you like spending time with him..well, sure whats the big deal about a little vampyrism??

it could be a lot worse!

RobertPattinsonComeToMomma Mon 26-Jan-09 15:09:18

MJ wasn't lying either, though, was he?grin

He's either a nutter SnackJack or as you suspect, coming up with a ridiculous story to try and put you off him so he doesn't have to be the one to break it off.

Tell him you're a descendant of the Van Helsing family so maybe he should consider moving out of the country.

I am sorry you have a year of your time invested in him.

2rebecca Mon 26-Jan-09 18:21:21

I don't think you can ever give someone a satisfactory reason as to why you want to end a relationship. "Sorry but I don't fancy you any more" is quite hurtful, despite usually being true. If he wants to end it then let him go and make up whatever silly story he wants. If he is really psychotic having delusions about being a vampire he wouldn't be going out for meals with mates. The truley mad tend to withdraw into themselves, look and sound very odd and need a doctor asap if you really care for them.

ultimatewoman Mon 26-Jan-09 18:52:19

Ask if he likes steak?

staryeyed Mon 26-Jan-09 19:13:06

But he could genuinely think he is a vampire. There used to be one in my college. They drink blood and everything. She wore a cape all the time over goth style clothes. They go to vampire meets and stuff.

izyboy Mon 26-Jan-09 19:31:16

Snackers - avoid, avoid,avoid. I think the guy is having a psychotic episode. Please let us know you are ok, bit worried about you meeting him again tbh.

Tortington Mon 26-Jan-09 19:33:35

does this make you racist for breaking up with a vampite?

zazen Mon 26-Jan-09 20:13:06

Is he channeling the lovely Edward Cullen?

I'm sorry that he isn't who you thought and that you've spent a year hoping he's 'the one'.

FWIW I've never believed in either vampires or 'the one'.

SnackJack Mon 26-Jan-09 20:36:11

Thanks for all the replies. I just want to say that my thread was actually serious but you lot have helped me see the funny side and even I was laughing at some of the responses.

I text him to cancel dinner tonight just saying I would agree to talk when he apologised for acting the idiot and stopped talking silly. I have had no reply.

No doubt I will laugh about it in the future, I have kind of laughed today but more at you lot than him so thanks I'm just a bit down that a whole year just seems nothing more than a joke to him.

lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 21:10:38

i always kind of liked the idea of being got by a vampire

RobertPattinsonComeToMomma Mon 26-Jan-09 22:07:59

The anaemia would get to you eventually Lou!grin

lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 22:14:41

i look pale enough for everyone to think i am anyway

(never have been btw am just naturally deathly in pallor)

no5 Mon 26-Jan-09 22:18:15

lol this is funniest thing i have seen since moldiegategrin

Snackjack, just out of curiosity, what does he do for a living?

lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 22:36:03

is he hot?

surely thats the most important question ? wink

harleyd Mon 26-Jan-09 22:40:06

hot vampires

[hyperventilates]

grin

lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 22:41:48

oh yes i so would

i would be a really easy victim

no no dont bite me....oh go on then grin

themoon66 Mon 26-Jan-09 22:52:19

SnackJack... have you seen the Grotty Man thread in AIBU? There's a post in there about a tampon sucking man... might be your guy?

sophable Mon 26-Jan-09 23:11:40

oh snackjack. you need to find out if this is a metaphor of some kind. it doesn't seem to mean he doesn't want to be with you but rather than he is....oh god, actually he IS a nutter isn't he?

sophable Mon 26-Jan-09 23:12:15

i LOVE the vampire lestat and interview with a vampire and all things vampiric by the way

lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 23:14:59

themoon, did i just read that right?!

dsrplus8 Mon 26-Jan-09 23:20:10

lou you did read right! <jumps back to grotty man thread>grin

lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 23:21:52

wtf?
i think i just threw up in my mouth a little then

can i have a link?

this i have to read...

themoon66 Mon 26-Jan-09 23:30:27
lou33 Mon 26-Jan-09 23:33:14

am clicking with a weird mix of excitement and trepidation

izyboy Tue 27-Jan-09 09:26:15

Actually I am glad you cancelled Snackers. I hope he is joking with you/is sane but enjoys vampire 'experiences'with willing partners. However he could be having a psychotic episode and this would be alot for you to have to deal with. Whatever is going on, I think your response is sensible and will sort out the 'wheat from the chaff'.

MrsPickles Tue 27-Jan-09 21:24:34

Felt quite guilty for making light when someone mentioned pyschotic episode - actually if he genuinely believes himself to be a vampire he could be quite dangerous and/or mentally ill. Stay clear and be safe hon he sounds barking x

CapricaSix Tue 27-Jan-09 23:07:41

This has to be a mumsnet classic, snackjack your posts have been very clever & funny and the responses have had me giggling over my computer at work.

I have to say i've been waiting for you to 'fess up and come out from under the bridge... surely it's just too funny to be real?!

mumonthenet Wed 28-Jan-09 09:02:42

I have literally not laughed so much in years.

Snackjack, not laughing at you - and am really sorry he's turned out to be a nutter...the advice is good - steer clear of him because...

he's either a nutter or a vampire - and neither is a good future prospect.

SheherazadetheGoat Wed 28-Jan-09 09:12:35

snigger @ 'has to avoid sunlight or he burns, that's why he lives in Scotland'.

CapricaSix Wed 28-Jan-09 12:40:34

yes i have to say again, your post of Mon 10:50:11 was genius!

waspriceyp Wed 28-Jan-09 15:48:36

Checked with my vampire friend and it turns out she's actually a trained phlebotomist now. Phew, I was really worried!
Maybe that's what he meant.
He takes bloods for a living
Hates sunlight, so lives in Scotland
Rarely eats in Italian restaurants...

[vampire grin]

Persianvase Fri 30-Jan-09 19:45:50

Plllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee give me an update!!! grin

Buckets Sat 31-Jan-09 21:36:22

What is a blood donor shop? Do you mean a charity shop? Maybe it's that smell he doesn't like?

deste Sat 31-Jan-09 23:40:23

It sounds as if he has mental health issues and I'm glad you cancelled the date. I know its hard but I would put this one down to experience, (character building and all that) and keep well away. He was maybe warning you before he took the relationship to a new level. Err, whatever vampires do on the next level. If he has mental health issues he was not playing and would not be able to stop because you told him to.

I nearly wet myself reading this... Please Snackjack can we have an update.

12stepmum Fri 13-Feb-09 14:09:45

me too, its really brightened up my friday (the 13th too...oooh spooky!)

nobodyputsbabyinacorner Sun 15-Feb-09 23:04:55

Havent laughed out loud at anything for so long, stumbled across this thread by accident when empathised about ur ex being a nutter, snackjack. Sorry u r feeling crap but the whole thread was hilarious, so please can we have an update

SnackJack Mon 16-Feb-09 14:19:25

Well we have decided to give things a go. Turns out he wasn't just saying it, he really is a vampire. He's determined not to kill me and drink my blood as that would really ruin our future plans. We have a lovely holiday to Romania booked for September and so now its just a case of trying to get past our differences. If we love each other, then no obstacle should be too hard for us to over-come.

harleyd Mon 16-Feb-09 14:21:54

ah, i just love a happy ending grin

marie1979 Tue 24-Feb-09 20:04:45

you had a lucky escape what a nutter???

sazzerbear Tue 24-Feb-09 20:08:01

Is he a really hot vampire like Mitchell in "Being Human?" If so, maybe you can excuse him and learn to love it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now