Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Blow jobs after vasectomies

(47 Posts)
LuckyStrike Fri 13-Jun-08 20:57:00

Just having a conversation with DH about him potentially a vasectomy, and our conversation took an interesting turn. Would this change the taste of his semen? (hopeful emoticon)

I'm a bit naive about biological matters, so don't know whether the bitter taste is the seminal fluid itself or the actual semen (which will no longer be produced, right?)

I have no idea... I spit grin

Mercy Fri 13-Jun-08 21:00:53

Let him taste his output an make comparisons

LuckyStrike Fri 13-Jun-08 21:08:08

LOL Mercy. I think he would rather die that taste his own sperm.

Umm no it wouldn't. 99.9% of the ahem output is semen not sperm. It's a lubricating agent.

Eating asparagus and some spices can change the flavour, but generally not for the better.

trefusis Fri 13-Jun-08 21:09:52

Message withdrawn

I've just asked my mate and she reckons it's exactly the same but now she doesn't do oral so much because 'well I don't have to worry about getting pregnant do I' so she has no excuse for saying no.

BibiThree Fri 13-Jun-08 21:24:40

No. I can say 100% that it does not.

... so i've heard ....

LuckyStrike Fri 13-Jun-08 21:25:48

Have been googling, and apparently there is no change

Does vasectomy alter the taste or smell of semen?
This question has been asked a few times in the newsgroup, and is in the top ten keywords used to search this site! The threads in the newsgroup came to the conclusion that there is no difference, except for one lady who said her husband's sperm smelled different after he had had a reversal. We also address the questions of volume, colour and consistency of semen after a vasectomy in our on-line survey along with many other important issues. Basically men who have had a vasectomy say that it doesn't affect the qualities mentioned, nor does it affect the consistency or adhesive properties. I.E. it will still stick to dresses, body hair and gum up shower trays and make just as much mess as it always used to.

Hassled Fri 13-Jun-08 21:27:30

I can reliably report that post-vasectomy the semen doesn't have that semeny smell, IYKWIM.

scanner Fri 13-Jun-08 21:27:56

No change - I'm afraid.

The person who works out how to get semen to taste like chocolate will make themselves a fortune.

Scanner - I would think syphoning chocolate syrup up the bell end would probably achieve that effect wink.

trefusis Fri 13-Jun-08 21:30:54

Message withdrawn

scanner Fri 13-Jun-08 21:32:15

I'll suggest it to dh when he gets back later, daft sod is likely to give it a go.

brucelovesfrumpygrumpy Fri 13-Jun-08 21:32:42

<<fg notes down her favourite thread title for the voting season>> grin

hatrick Fri 13-Jun-08 21:33:49

Message withdrawn

Trefusis - I agree, though in some cases, a BJ can be much quicker. I can have DH up and making me a cup of tea in a few short minutes with a BJ. grin

BalloonSlayer Fri 13-Jun-08 22:05:00

Can you?

Bloody hell !! Wish I had your technique.

Like Trefusis, I find BJs a labour of love.

PS apparently drinking a lot of pineapple juice is supposed to improve the taste.

Balloonslayer - actually soft fruit of any kind can reduce the alkalinity of the flavour of both parties bodily gunk.

Of course if you drink a lot of pineapple juice you'd overwhelm your taste buds and not taste semen much anyway.

The trick to not tasting it is to aim far back apparently. But for me that stimulates a gag reflex.

Weegiemum Fri 13-Jun-08 23:07:48

Can report I have noticed no change at all.

Jbck Sat 14-Jun-08 13:29:46

WMMC is that where your chocolate went?grin

loopylou6 Sat 14-Jun-08 18:02:04

Wow you're all so considerate, i have allowed my DH to ahem 'empty' himself in my mouth once and will never ever do it again grin I dont mind blow jobs (if i REALLY have to) but i aint swallowing the evacuation...

Fizzylemonade Sat 14-Jun-08 21:49:56

My god, it's just sperm!

I can tell you from personal experience that there is no difference in taste or quantity from before to after a vasectomy.

Maybe the person who makes sperm taste like chocolate can make women taste like beer grin

loopylou6 Sat 14-Jun-08 22:35:01

But its all thick and minging and slides down the throat urrrgggghhhhh

LuckyStrike Sat 14-Jun-08 23:07:03

It doesn't slide down the throat loopy lou. It kinda gets stuck on the way down so you need to keep swallowing (I think that's the gag reflex)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now