Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Blow jobs after vasectomies

(47 Posts)
LuckyStrike Fri 13-Jun-08 20:57:00

Just having a conversation with DH about him potentially a vasectomy, and our conversation took an interesting turn. Would this change the taste of his semen? (hopeful emoticon)

I'm a bit naive about biological matters, so don't know whether the bitter taste is the seminal fluid itself or the actual semen (which will no longer be produced, right?)

I have no idea... I spit grin

Mercy Fri 13-Jun-08 21:00:53

Let him taste his output an make comparisons

LuckyStrike Fri 13-Jun-08 21:08:08

LOL Mercy. I think he would rather die that taste his own sperm.

Umm no it wouldn't. 99.9% of the ahem output is semen not sperm. It's a lubricating agent.

Eating asparagus and some spices can change the flavour, but generally not for the better.

trefusis Fri 13-Jun-08 21:09:52

Message withdrawn

I've just asked my mate and she reckons it's exactly the same but now she doesn't do oral so much because 'well I don't have to worry about getting pregnant do I' so she has no excuse for saying no.

BibiThree Fri 13-Jun-08 21:24:40

No. I can say 100% that it does not.

... so i've heard ....

LuckyStrike Fri 13-Jun-08 21:25:48

Have been googling, and apparently there is no change

Does vasectomy alter the taste or smell of semen?
This question has been asked a few times in the newsgroup, and is in the top ten keywords used to search this site! The threads in the newsgroup came to the conclusion that there is no difference, except for one lady who said her husband's sperm smelled different after he had had a reversal. We also address the questions of volume, colour and consistency of semen after a vasectomy in our on-line survey along with many other important issues. Basically men who have had a vasectomy say that it doesn't affect the qualities mentioned, nor does it affect the consistency or adhesive properties. I.E. it will still stick to dresses, body hair and gum up shower trays and make just as much mess as it always used to.

Hassled Fri 13-Jun-08 21:27:30

I can reliably report that post-vasectomy the semen doesn't have that semeny smell, IYKWIM.

scanner Fri 13-Jun-08 21:27:56

No change - I'm afraid.

The person who works out how to get semen to taste like chocolate will make themselves a fortune.

Scanner - I would think syphoning chocolate syrup up the bell end would probably achieve that effect wink.

trefusis Fri 13-Jun-08 21:30:54

Message withdrawn

scanner Fri 13-Jun-08 21:32:15

I'll suggest it to dh when he gets back later, daft sod is likely to give it a go.

brucelovesfrumpygrumpy Fri 13-Jun-08 21:32:42

<<fg notes down her favourite thread title for the voting season>> grin

hatrick Fri 13-Jun-08 21:33:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Trefusis - I agree, though in some cases, a BJ can be much quicker. I can have DH up and making me a cup of tea in a few short minutes with a BJ. grin

BalloonSlayer Fri 13-Jun-08 22:05:00

Can you?

Bloody hell !! Wish I had your technique.

Like Trefusis, I find BJs a labour of love.

PS apparently drinking a lot of pineapple juice is supposed to improve the taste.

Balloonslayer - actually soft fruit of any kind can reduce the alkalinity of the flavour of both parties bodily gunk.

Of course if you drink a lot of pineapple juice you'd overwhelm your taste buds and not taste semen much anyway.

The trick to not tasting it is to aim far back apparently. But for me that stimulates a gag reflex.

Weegiemum Fri 13-Jun-08 23:07:48

Can report I have noticed no change at all.

Jbck Sat 14-Jun-08 13:29:46

WMMC is that where your chocolate went?grin

loopylou6 Sat 14-Jun-08 18:02:04

Wow you're all so considerate, i have allowed my DH to ahem 'empty' himself in my mouth once and will never ever do it again grin I dont mind blow jobs (if i REALLY have to) but i aint swallowing the evacuation...

Fizzylemonade Sat 14-Jun-08 21:49:56

My god, it's just sperm!

I can tell you from personal experience that there is no difference in taste or quantity from before to after a vasectomy.

Maybe the person who makes sperm taste like chocolate can make women taste like beer grin

loopylou6 Sat 14-Jun-08 22:35:01

But its all thick and minging and slides down the throat urrrgggghhhhh

LuckyStrike Sat 14-Jun-08 23:07:03

It doesn't slide down the throat loopy lou. It kinda gets stuck on the way down so you need to keep swallowing (I think that's the gag reflex)

lucyellensmum Sat 14-Jun-08 23:08:06

i quite like it, but i prefer DP to get it rigbht to the back of my throat, so i dont actually have to taste it - yuck! What i hate is when he insists on my sucking him after doing me - osrry, pissed blush

LuckyStrike Sun 15-Jun-08 00:13:15

but that's only fair if you make him lick you when you're on your period LEM

KnickersOnMaHead Sun 15-Jun-08 12:57:57

Message withdrawn

Flamesparrow Sun 15-Jun-08 13:05:33

lmao @ this thread!!!

Justanotherone1 Sat 17-May-14 04:28:35

This is an old thread but ill add to it.
My hubby just has a vasectomy a week ago and his semen smells way different. I really preferred it before.
It doesn't smell bad kinda sweeter.
It's also much less volume.
Everything I read said everything stays the same but it just isn't true.
It's much less (1/4 less if not more ) and it smells completely different. We have been together for 14 years so its not diet related.

scaevola Sat 17-May-14 06:06:19

I doubt he'll have healed up fully after a week and the diminution of volume (so much greater than can be accounted for by sperm) suggests it's not settled down yet.

I'll keep fingers crossed for you (and especially him) that the different smell isn't infection brewing up, and that it all settles back as healing continues.

fairylightsintheloft Sat 17-May-14 07:18:32

you have to let it hit the back of your throat and then let it go straight down. I wouldn't swill it round my mouth like a wine tasting but its fine really - just have a drink handy (hey, maybe have a pint glass of water next to the bed then it could double as a penis beaker for afterwards grin) And I think it does have slightly less taste /odour after a vasectomy, in my experience anyway.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sat 17-May-14 07:23:05

If it made it taste like chocolate A- I'd be marching dh to the clinic ASAP.
And B-he'd be getting a lot more BJs. grin

Hairylegs47 Sat 17-May-14 07:29:44

My XH had a vasectomy and didn't just fire blanks after wards, he just didn't fire at all! Not a drop. So for us it did change things. I wish it had changed him for the better, but not to worry, my 'toy boy' was definitely better.

EdithWeston Sat 17-May-14 07:39:40

hairylegs - that shouldn't be anatomically possible. Did he go for investigations?

UtterFool Sat 17-May-14 08:00:03

PS apparently drinking a lot of pineapple juice is supposed to improve the taste.

I can see sales of pineapple juice going through the roof as news spreads around the internet about this one wink

MollyBdenum Sat 17-May-14 08:30:01

Pick and mix (or presumably lots of days of any sort) improves the taste, but I like it anyway. It's the aching jaw that puts me of.

MollyBdenum Sat 17-May-14 08:30:09

off.

MyDogAteMyBelt Sat 17-May-14 08:33:15

6 year old thread revived by a first time poster for yet another bj discussion..
hmm
hmm

fairylightsintheloft Sat 17-May-14 13:25:10

didn't notice it was old - don't read it if you're not interested hmm

gamerchick Sat 17-May-14 13:34:39

It's easier to sneak in the back door if you want stories.. making a new thread wouldn't have done he job grin

MyDogAteMyBelt Sat 17-May-14 13:38:13

Comment wasn't aimed at you, fairy, it was aimed at the person who revived it. Thought my post made that quite clear, so I'm sorry because it obviously didn't.

Absolutely true, gamer grin

gamerchick Sat 17-May-14 13:42:40

Although I will share this one as I would IRL grin

Re aching jaw.. its a lot better if they sit in something low like a sofa and you kneel on a cushion on the floor...doing it sideways on is a pain for comfort.

MyDogAteMyBelt Sat 17-May-14 13:49:26

Yes, Gamer but what if they've had a vasectomy? Different jaw position or what ? grin

gamerchick Sat 17-May-14 13:54:53

Well a bit gentle for a few weeks maybe but no grin

Hairylegs47 Sat 17-May-14 21:49:53

No investigations, he wasn't bothered, so I wasn't really.
He did have diabetes and didn't look after himself - he died at 47 - so maybes it was related.

Phoenixx27 Mon 11-Aug-14 23:57:05

Ok so I had a Vasectomy done in March 2014. Immediately after the procedure my semen became thicker/ stickier and the taste went from sweet to acidic. My wife used to looooove the taste of my semen and now she says it's acidic. My diet has not changed.... we believe 150% that the vesectomy has everything to do with that change. It upsets me as I loved the fact that we both shared the love of a bj. Now I'm the only one that benefits from it and not so much her 8(. That will equal to less bjs for me because of Vasectomy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now