Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

**************Can9;t get a word in*****************

(84 Posts)
GibbonInARibbon Tue 24-Jul-07 19:46:15

start to look bored, he'll get the hint

the best way is to start pickingimaginary fluff off your clothes...really gets the point accross

lol at 'Do the thing with the finger across the neck you know like you will slit his throat if he doesn't shut up.'

MhamaiJane Tue 24-Jul-07 19:45:48

It's like i'll say something that will spark his interest and wahey!!!! Off he goes...................and goes...............and goes..........and goes
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

TnOgu Tue 24-Jul-07 19:43:29

Try explaining that conversations only work if people take turns

MhamaiJane Tue 24-Jul-07 19:40:10

I have to say something diplomatic soon otherwise I think I'll probably just get a cut out of me and leave him to talk to it.

TnOgu Tue 24-Jul-07 19:37:00

Tis a pity.

He sounds like my mother, with regard the non-stop gabbing.

MhamaiJane Tue 24-Jul-07 19:32:37

Hey T where ya been girl?
Oh God seriously though, he is a lovely man but when it gets to the stage when you think someone is talking at you or would just continue whether you were there or not. I really do just nod and um because even when I do manage to get in it feels like I've had to pounce into the conversation and that can't be right can it?

TnOgu Tue 24-Jul-07 19:27:19

Do the thing with the finger across the neck you know like you will slit his throat if he doesn't shut up.

Tis a universible sign, he will get the idea

MhamaiJane Tue 24-Jul-07 19:23:12

Anyone?

MhamaiJane Tue 24-Jul-07 18:47:30

I was going to namechange for this but ah what the hell!
Ok so here it goes, I met a lovely French man six weeks ago. He is courteous, considerate, kind, sexy, funny etc. You may be asking what the problem is, well.............he never shuts up! Sorry that's a bit blunt but it is basically true.

I'm myself blessed in the gift of the gab dept but feel if I don't "pardon the pun" say something <if I get a chance> that this relationship won't go anywhere, unless
I zone out and keep nodding and umming in the right places, which I'm already starting to do. Can anyone advise me on how I can sensitively approach this with him?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now