Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is it OK to do 'it' with a baby in the room?

(118 Posts)
12yeargap Thu 29-Mar-07 00:49:48

Seriously - do/should you have sex - quietly and discreetly - with a (small, sleeping) baby in the room in a cot or moses basket? I honestly don't know if this is completely normal, or utterly-depraved-call-social-services behaviour. But it's nearly six weeks soon since baby was born, so I'd sort of like an opinion on this before the situation arises...thanks.

minkybiscuit Thu 29-Mar-07 13:14:16

Get your coat willy!

willywonkasEgghunt Thu 29-Mar-07 13:13:24

nailpolish - cat babysitters come highly recommended, especially when they keep baby's face so nice and warm Sorry that was possibly too tasteless, even for this thread...

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 13:12:41

pmsl

willywonkasEgghunt Thu 29-Mar-07 13:12:13

Can I just add that I don't think one should ever do I.T. with a baby in the room. Would bore them senseless

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 13:11:59

also, you can leave the cat to babysit the baby while you nip upstairs for a quick one

HoppyDaddy Thu 29-Mar-07 13:11:51

Cat's are great, really. Just make sure there's plenty of food around if you want a shag. That'll distract em.

Or get something shiny to reflect on the wall.

minkybiscuit Thu 29-Mar-07 13:11:03

I take responsibility for bringing animals into the bedroom scenario and debasing the thread!!

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 13:11:02

no do get a cat

sunday mornings with the baby and the cat snuggled in beside you are great

HoppyDaddy Thu 29-Mar-07 13:09:36

I did wonder how this conversation route would help the OP, actually.

Don't get a cat, I suppose, they are evil sex life ruiners.

willywonkasEgghunt Thu 29-Mar-07 13:08:42

My laptop goes down for ten minutes and I return to this pmsl at what I missed, esp the "cat licking dick" debate.

Not sure if we're helping 12yeargap resolve her original quandary or now adding to it

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 13:04:03

ive had both and i prefer cats ANY day

Karmamother Thu 29-Mar-07 13:03:28

HD, yes I have. It's hilarious. Unless you've never owned a cat or dog, of course.

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 13:00:20

lol karma

HoppyDaddy Thu 29-Mar-07 13:00:03

Karmamother, have you seen the "how to give a pill to a cat or dog" joke?

can't remember it all but it's a lengthy plan of various ways to trick a cat to eat a pill. For the dog it simply says "wrap it in bacon".

np, I'm not that kind of cat lover...

sweetkitty Thu 29-Mar-07 12:58:47

One of our cats has jumped on my stomach when DP was (SK thinks of a way of putting this ) down south, talk about offputting.

Doing it with babies in the room fine, cats another story.............

HoppyDaddy Thu 29-Mar-07 12:58:30

not in that way, no!!!

Karmamother Thu 29-Mar-07 12:58:24

Whilst we're on the subject of cats.... I found this on another thread.

Excerpts from a Dog's Diary
===========================

8:00 am - Dog food! My favourite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favourite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favourite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favourite thing!

12:00 pm - Lunch! My favourite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favourite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favourite thing!

5:00 pm - Milk bones! My favourite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favourite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favourite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favourite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Diary
===========================

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my
strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my
advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now...

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 12:57:29

er, yiou would rather your cat licked your knob?????????

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 12:57:02

i think i need to do something more constructive...

HoppyDaddy Thu 29-Mar-07 12:57:01

How could a lick be worse than a scratch? It really hurt!!!

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 12:56:22

at least the cat didnt LICK it HD

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 12:56:00

hd the cat probably thought it needed a wash

nailpolish Thu 29-Mar-07 12:55:24

lol karma

i can just imagine a cat doing that

HoppyDaddy Thu 29-Mar-07 12:55:17

Is it time for an "Is it OK to do 'it' with a cat in the room?" thread?

Once I was crawling naked on the floor, looking for a sock. Cat lay down underneath me, looked all playful and...

...scratched my cock!!! I had to be peeled from the ceiling with a spatula.

Karmamother Thu 29-Mar-07 12:53:15

My cat jumped onto DP's back as were doing the deed. I think he wanted a better view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now