Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Husband dream left me

(5 Posts)
Msqueen33 Fri 25-Nov-16 07:14:49

Last night I had a dream my dh left me plus a whole host of other random bits to the dream which included a big market. Dh was only planning on giving me £300 a month for the kids and I was worried as I'm a sahm to two Sen kids. I actually felt sad whereas mostly at the moment he's driving me crazy and I'm restraining myself from saying all that I want to say because we'll have a huge argument.

Anyway...any other weird dreamers?!

mumonashoestring Fri 25-Nov-16 07:56:28

Hah, yes - DH leaving me seems to be my brain's default 'I'm stressed and need to get it out of my system somehow' distraction dream. I once dreamt we'd been attacked by Uruk Hai and he'd got into a car with Wolverine and driven off without me, leaving me to be devoured by the monsters.

Then there was the dream where I caught him cheating and he was utterly gleeful about it - proper smug showing off.

It's happened often enough that I've learned to say nothing until I've calmed down, listened to some music, rationalised a bit and can talk about it as a daft/funny thing, not a hint of blame involved.

However - DH doesn't usually drive me mad and I'm not usually trying to restrain myself from throttling him! So what's he doing to make you miserable?

MrsderPunkt Fri 25-Nov-16 08:02:04

I've had the leaving us dream too - I was hurt and angry with him all day. Even though you now it's a dream, still makes you feel crap!

bluebell9 Fri 25-Nov-16 11:18:23

I have weird dreams all the time. Sometimes DP leaves or cheats on me which leaves me with a horrible feeling when I wake up.

I've also had a dream where DP and I are spies and we have a secret mission to complete!

FenellaMaxwell Fri 25-Nov-16 11:26:50

I had a dream mine left me last night too.... In the middle of a really crowded car park at a festival, and took the car as well!

(We don't have a car. DH hates festivals. And hopefully has no plans to leave me.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now