Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Can't get rid of the feeling that I'm going to be dumped.

(5 Posts)
user128057 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:47:24

As the title says I feel like I can't get rid of the feeling that I'm going to be dumped. Me and my partner have been arguing lots lately (mainly due to my insecurities and paranoia).

We are in a long distance relationship so it isn't like I can go round and talk to him face to face.

I know l all couples argue but deep down I think he's on the edge of chucking me ( something which he's told me won't happen). It's making me on edge constantly and I don't know how to stop myself from thinking like this

Minivaperviper Tue 22-Nov-16 21:52:40

Is your dp doing anything to make you feel this way though and is he addressing it?

These could be your issues but he could be contributing to the issues in the first place iyswim.

It's hard to advise without a little back story as the one you give is one sided to being all your fault when it possibly might not be.

The rl might be coming to a natural end but if you both can recognise your issues and deal with them you might save it if it's worth it.

For the moment try not to think about him breaking up with you, there madness lies. try to reconcile if it's possible and put issues aside and work from there.

flowers

user128057 Tue 22-Nov-16 22:39:36

Thank you for the reply. I've posted previously on here but I am in wheelchair I always think that he will find someone who isn't disabled and lives closer to him.

I wouldn't really say he's done anything specific to make me think like that it's just my own feelings.

User7o873 Wed 23-Nov-16 10:17:22

How long have you been together, OP? Have you considered cognitive behavioural therapy? It might help you to stop thinking this way.
Also, is the long distance thing actually an issue? Is there a possibility of you ever moving closer or is it a case of you both actually quite liking a bit of space?
It does sound like he is trying to reassure you and hasn't given you any real reason to think that he will end it. It would be a shame for you to end up breaking up because you imagine that he's bothered by something that he actually isn't bothered by at all.

user128057 Wed 23-Nov-16 18:21:59

We have only been together a couple months but have been speaking for 2 years.

I haven't considered it but it's something to consider if it could help me. He is the first " able bodied" person I have been in a relationship with so maybe that's partly why I feel the way I do.

As for the distance thing I think would of us would end up having to move eventually but I guess that's something to consider in the future.

I really hope I don't ruin things tbh. I'm driving myself crazy so I can only imagine what he feels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now