Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to stop torturing myself?

(4 Posts)
Maggy1116 Sun 20-Nov-16 12:00:06

Hi,

Just found out OH has slept with another woman. I can't actually believe I am writing that. There is lots of stuff going on around this - our relationship breaking down anyway etc
But - specifically - how do you stop torturing yourself with thoughts of them together? Did he do things with her he didn't with me? (to which the answer is yes - things have not been good between us recently). How did it start? Was it loving? Did they hold each other and talk afterwards?

I am so hurt, so numb with shock and pain, I don't know how to cope at all. How do you stop torturing yourself by imagining it?

Thanks

TheNaze73 Sun 20-Nov-16 13:36:20

You're overthinking the emotional bit. He fucked someone else. End of. Doubt it meant anything but, that's irrelevant.
You're better off without a scummy cheat. See this as a life crossroads & the beginning of a new chapter in your life

HuskyLover1 Sun 20-Nov-16 13:40:24

Well, if you are splitting up anyway, he may not see it as cheating. Also, you will both be sleeping with other people in the not too distant future. Concentrate on building a new life for yourself and dating again.

DamePlata Sun 20-Nov-16 13:42:57

it was a one-off? Can't have been all that then??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now