Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

differences/arguments become apparent when we're around other people

(4 Posts)
eyelevelgrill Thu 17-Nov-16 12:03:25

I've noticed that DH and I often end up talking about each other/disagreeing with each other when we're with friends/relatives.

It happened last night and then when our guest left we had a bit of a row and cleared the air a bit (it was stuff about how we organise the house. We shared a passion when we met, but DH has taken it much further than me and it ends up dominating the house and me losing the identify as passion-sharer and being branded as passion-hater. I feel like a guest in my own house sometimes).

I'm a bit down about it and am hoping someone can come along and say something positive.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 17-Nov-16 12:07:38

What do you mean 'it's dominating the house'?
Are you happy with him?
How many DC do you have?
How long have you been together?

eyelevelgrill Thu 17-Nov-16 12:12:06

I think I feel a bit like I live in his house (but maybe he feels the same?)
Yes I think of myself as happy so it's a bit of a shock to realise that we do have some real problems IYSWIM....
2 children, both were well behaved but one has become a teenager so is withdrawing from me a bit
Together since 1992!

There is another issue which I'm a bit embarrassed to talk about.

eyelevelgrill Thu 17-Nov-16 12:47:48

sorry, drip-feed = threadkill

the other issue is that he is much much tidier than me, so he finds me sloppy and I find him a bit oppressively tidy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now