Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am i over thinking things?

(8 Posts)
tink1234 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:37:24

Hi all...right so I’m here because I need some advice... I have been dating this guy for 4 months now, we are both single parents. He is very caring, kind respects me and gives me a lot of time, we speak at least 4 times a day, and mind you I don't call, he does. I hardly make one or two calls or call him back if I’ve missed his calls. So we are always in communication which he knows from day one is very important to me.
However, this weekend he went away on a holiday for 2 weeks mom and dad after 12 years. We have hardly spoken. He called me yesterday for 5 mins and that was it.
I feel abandoned and I didn't expect him to disappear from the face of earth. It only takes a minute to text and im not asking for constant updates. I thought of texting him about how I feel but I’m not needy and I don't want to ruin his holiday - this time apart could be healthy for both of us, but I can’t help but feel abandoned and maybe he is losing interest in us?! Am I being paranoid?! I don’t know what’s going on to be honest. Should I address it or just let it be and see how things go?!

everythingis Wed 16-Nov-16 13:40:44

Is he abroad?

tink1234 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:42:56

yes

justforthisonce Wed 16-Nov-16 13:57:20

depending where he is in the world he may have no signal to call. texts might not work.

you sound needy and clingy. give the man a break, its is first holiday with his family for 12 years. They are catching up plus he dealing with his kid/kids abroad assuming they are with him. If they are not, he is prob using his phone credit/abroad usage to contact them

thecatneuterer Wed 16-Nov-16 14:01:53

" I’m not needy". You could have fooled me. Let the poor man enjoy his holiday. For heaven's sake don't send any texts saying how you feel about his silence of what, 24 hours?

JennyHolzersGhost Wed 16-Nov-16 14:07:04

OP one of your sentences is a little jumbled -

"However, this weekend he went away on a holiday for 2 weeks mom and dad after 12 years."

Do you mean it's his first holiday with his parents for 12 years ? Is his child there with them too?

It is a big change in behaviour for him but if he's busy and it's a big family trip then he might just not be missing you yet. I'd give it til the weekend and then see where you are. Once things settle down he'll probably be in touch more often.

(I have to say I'd find 4x a day after only knowing each other for 4 months a bit stifling but if it works for you then that's great smile )

hellsbellsmelons Wed 16-Nov-16 14:25:12

we speak at least 4 times a day
Blimey - this is overkill.
And although you say you are not needy you are certainly coming across as totally the opposite.
If you want to text him then do so but just a bright breezy, how's it going?, will be fine.

Cynara Wed 16-Nov-16 14:32:18

You are being very needy. Stop it. It's been 4 months. Don't smother him, he's abroad with his family, let him get on with his holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now