Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Need some clarity. Been smacked in the face

(150 Posts)
Ineedsomeclaret Wed 16-Nov-16 13:30:29

Boyfriend just made my lip bleed by smacking me in the face because my printer didn't work. I'm sat in the bath, he's left my place.

He's under a lot of stress and this tipped him over the edge, he could see I was upset but shouted at me saying I should've known that it wasn't working.

I'm just so fucking confused now, thinking I should have helped with that more. What the fuck?

PurpleDaisies Wed 16-Nov-16 13:32:18

There is absolutely nothing to get clear apart from this guy hit you in the face-get as far away from him as possible.

Do you live together? I'd change the locks.

hesterton Wed 16-Nov-16 13:33:18

There should be no confusion, none at all. This needs to be the end of the relationship. You did nothing to deserve such abusive, aggressive treatment. Never let him back in. Take pictures of your face. You could report this to the police - I would.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Snowflakes1122 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:34:15

Call the police and dump him flowers

No excuses for this behaviour.

So sorry flowers

Racerback Wed 16-Nov-16 13:34:31

Police. You've been assaulted and injured. There is NO excuse for this, and it is NOT your fault in any way.

Guitargirl Wed 16-Nov-16 13:34:39

I'd say he has just made things pretty clear for you.

Sorry this has happened to you.

You need to end the relationship today. Any level of stress he has is no excuse.

Ineedsomeclaret Wed 16-Nov-16 13:34:42

If I'm honest this isn't the first time... He did this to me at the weekend in his friends house too, I was sat crying in the bathroom and had to come out all smiling like nothing had happened. God I feel such a weakling even writing about it. I would t dare telling my friends about this We don't live together

EnidColeslaw771 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:34:57

It doesn't matter what stress he's under its not ok to hit you in the face. Has he done anything like this before? He's blaming you for his wrong action, you'd be quite justified in reporting him to the police for assault. This was not your fault.
End the relationship.

Ineedsomeclaret Wed 16-Nov-16 13:35:49

Keep this coming. I need supportive voices.

EnidColeslaw771 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:35:54

Cross post. It'll continue then unless you end the relationship, get out now.

Guitargirl Wed 16-Nov-16 13:36:14

It's great that you don't live together.

Get rid of him today, now.

EnidColeslaw771 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:36:50

You should tell your friends, the shame is not yours here, you've done nothing wrong.

Ineedsomeclaret Wed 16-Nov-16 13:36:52

It's really not my fault. He is a bully, even his brother said that to me

Bluntness100 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:38:31

You need to end this now. Immediately. You do not want to live uour life as a domestic abuse victim. Text him it's over , tell him it's because he hit uou and delete him, this is just the start, he will escalate. Get out now . Seriously get out now. Tell your friends and family so uou can't go back.

KondosSecretJunkRoom Wed 16-Nov-16 13:39:32

He's a thug. You've been assaulted. Phone the police.

wideboy26 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:39:44

Well there you are then. Even other people know what he's like. End the relationship now.

intravenouscoffee Wed 16-Nov-16 13:40:07

Leave him now. If he has a key, get the locks changed. Block his number, remove all traces of him.

Take pictures of your face, even if you don't want to report him to the police. Look at the pictures every time you catch yourself thinking something nice about him.

And tell your friends why you dumped him. It's because he's an abusive piece of scum.

Rumtopf Wed 16-Nov-16 13:40:08

Call the police and dump him pronto.
Make sure he hasn't got a key to your place, get the locks changed if necessary.

This is completely unacceptable, value yourself more highly. Tell the truth and sod how he feels.

loobyloo1234 Wed 16-Nov-16 13:42:34

Please call the police OP. This is not acceptable. Do you have anywhere you can go for a few days to stay?

SecretPeanut Wed 16-Nov-16 13:42:38

Shut him out, change the locks now, keep a bat by your door if you have to. Tell everyone whats happened including the police. He has done it before, its not going to stop anytime soon. You can stop this now

Ineedsomeclaret Wed 16-Nov-16 13:42:52

I have manic depression and have just come out of a mania cycle, I literally cannot have this happen to me. I'm getting straight again.

Ineedsomeclaret Wed 16-Nov-16 13:45:03

im shaking. I have a good friends network here luckily. They'll take a bat to the cunts head

claraschu Wed 16-Nov-16 13:45:47

Call the police now. This is terrible and will only get worse.

wherearemymarbles Wed 16-Nov-16 13:45:51

So he has done this twice. There will be a 3rd, 4th, 5th... keep adding a number for as long as you stay.
He is a coward. He'd never hit man, he might get hurt.

He is complete and utter scum. Call the police and have him charged with assult.

SecondMrsAshwell Wed 16-Nov-16 13:46:10

He hit you in the face because the printer doesn't work?

Ask yourself this, what will he do if something really bad happens to him? If he loses his job, if one of his parents dies, if his house burns down. What would he do to you then?

Get rid, change the lock and don't listen when he tries to wheedle his way back in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now