Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

my ex

(2 Posts)
Missyb15 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:53:37

I could do with people being as unjudgmental as possible with this one.

My ex and i have been in contact since we broke up 9 yrs ago. neither of us wanted to let the other go, but it was only messages, and mostly on a 'friends' level (though we had admitted to having feelings for each other once or twice). he had his second child recently and since then hasn't messaged me at all, and has actually blocked me on fb. i get that he wants to move on, and suspect he probably never did have feelings for me sad

im just struggling to come to terms with the lack of contact and am grieving the relationship 9 years later as i never had closure until now.

it's highlighted problems in my current relationship and i worry if im actually in love with my partner sad

SoTheySentMeA Tue 15-Nov-16 22:23:51

Sounds like he was using you for an ego boost. Whatever his reasons are for blocking you (reasons are irrelevant), take it as a gift. You need to focus on your current relationship, either by working on the problems or deciding if its time to end it. You can do this without your ex. If he's strung you along for 9 years he's clearly a twat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now