Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Present for LDR GF

(8 Posts)
libprog Tue 15-Nov-16 11:08:57

Any ideas? We are in a really long LDR (different continents) and she is flying in soon for an extended stay. Last time I was visiting her and she had a really cute gift. I am thinking of some things that are particular to her, but something general you think would be a great present you would love after not seeing your better half for a while? I was thinking flowers at the airport but that seems a bit stereotypical, or not?

rumred Tue 15-Nov-16 11:13:18

Hard cash trumps flowers every time

Lostandlonely1979 Tue 15-Nov-16 11:16:58

Flowers perhaps too obvious. Anything that shows thought has gone into it, and you're onto a winner. Maybe something tied into something you have planned for her visit?

libprog Tue 15-Nov-16 13:11:46

Oh yea we will be spending New Years in a cold place I can get her some cute scarf or gloves.

And well she doesn't need money so that won't work.

SleepingTiger Tue 15-Nov-16 13:27:12

A ladies hip flask with her initials engraved on it?

SnoogyWoo Tue 15-Nov-16 13:38:29

Or her initials tattooed on your hip.

Lostandlonely1979 Tue 15-Nov-16 13:44:23

Fuck the hip: face tattoo grin

A nice cashmere gloves/scarf set would be lush and very thoughtful.

libprog Tue 15-Nov-16 14:16:58

She loves tattoos I hate tattoos, so...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now