Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help me see the light at the end of the tunnel please?

(3 Posts)
HelpMeMoveOn Mon 14-Nov-16 11:51:09

11 years, 2 young DC. Been with him my entire adult life and now it's all gone down the shitter, ended by text. Split up numerous times over the years, but this time feels different. Because I don't actually feel anything anymore. That's when you know you're done isn't it? When you just don't have the energy to fight for it anymore? He sent the text btw, not me, although I agreed with him this time and didn't beg him to change his mind.

I'd love to hear some happy tales of how things improved for you once you were finally brave enough to let it go? Possibly tips on how to break it to a 7yo? sad

Lostandlonely1979 Mon 14-Nov-16 12:08:24

Sorry to read you're going through this. I have a friend in a similar relationship and we're all waiting for this moment. We're actually kind of praying for it because we know that she and her DD will be far better off on their own.

I haven't been through it personally (although I'm going through something of a relationship breakdown) but my initial reaction is - if you don't feel like there's anything left to rescue, start making practical moves to be happy on your own. Your DCs will probably have picked up on the misery and there will be a small part of them that will be relieved.

So while your heart will feel like it's going through the wringer, use your head to find out where you stand financially and practically, put some milestones in place for the coming months. You might find that while you're arranging your ducks, you're able to see a brighter future after all.

Good luck flowers

timelytess Mon 14-Nov-16 12:18:25

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now