Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Boyfriend of 2 years gave his number out to woman....

(11 Posts)
sunnydays2099 Mon 14-Nov-16 01:45:08

Hi

My boyfriend of 2 years gave his number out to a woman he met whilst out drinking on his own and he told her he was single.
He lied initially but I saw her message on his phone saying hi. so I text her and she told me she never knew he had a gf.

I have left him as I was super mad. He is an alcoholic but he did this while sober!

He is saying he is sorry and thinks this is not classed as cheating in his mind. He wants me back. But I feel so depressed about it I cant even sort out where I want to live now.

LouisvilleLlama Mon 14-Nov-16 01:58:45

You need to sort out where you live if you live at his but he tried to get with someone else sober and that's with him being an alcoholic!

Scrumptiousbears Mon 14-Nov-16 02:01:09

Alcoholic and a cheat? Bin him.

SashaSays Mon 14-Nov-16 02:08:23

Hi, i'm sorry that you are going through this. Well done for taking a stand and leaving him, he doesn't seem like the nicest person. If he was telling this woman he was single,what is to say he wouldn't have done more with her if you hadn't seen the texts. How do you know he hasn't done this before? I do think he what he has done is cheating. I guess 2 years can feel like a long time but when things are put into perspective its not that long at all. You deserve better OP,run for the hillsflowers

As for your depression i think that is pretty normal considering you have been through a break up, unless of course you have dealt with it in the past and it becomes uncontrollable then speak to your gp. Do you live with him?

sunnydays2099 Mon 14-Nov-16 02:19:35

@sasha

Yes I do and he refused to leave and just brushed it off as I'm being silly so I am with family. I have found phone numbers in the past of women he didnt know personally and just have to look at whatsapp nowadays to see a face to the name. But never saw any conversations with them so never reacted.
This time felt a slap in the face just to hear that he said to someone he is single!

All those promises of marriage...what a joke!
I have felt so low about myself esp since I gained 3 stone this year and our sex life was hardly ever and not passionate either. So when I saw her picture of her in a tight red dress and remembering how he pushes me away in bed just broke me. We argue about his drinking and how much he spends on it. Shambolic really

Rainbowqueeen Mon 14-Nov-16 02:36:23

flowers Sunny.

well done on binning him, it doesn't sound like he enhances your life at all. there is someone out there much better for you

daisychain01 Mon 14-Nov-16 03:08:39

thinks this is not classed as cheating in his mind

He's delusional, I'm sure you know that already.

SashaSays Mon 14-Nov-16 03:43:47

Who's name is on the house? If its your house i would advise you to have the police to remove him and change the locks if he is refusing to leave. If not then stay with family till you can get things sorted out.
I've been through similar experiences and yes it does feel like a slap in the face but once a cheat always a cheat, don't take it personally that he's a shit human being. You were not the problem..he clearly was/ is, please don't feel bad about yourself. It will take time but time heals and you will get over this bastard of a man and everything you are feeling is natural and TEMPORARY just remember that. I would say if you are unhappy with your weight take this as a time to make a change, not for him but for yourself. Cut all toxicity out of your life bit by bit flowers

SandyY2K Mon 14-Nov-16 09:22:33

Don't take him back.

Just because you didn't find conversations with the other women, doesn't mean they didn't have any. He would have deleted them. Why collect numbers and never contact the person? Would you do that?

Plus he's pushing you away in bed, so it's very possible he's getting it elsewhere. Dating is just like a probationary period at work. You date to test suitability for marriage or a long term cohabitation. He's failed, so get rid of him.

TheNaze73 Mon 14-Nov-16 12:15:48

He sounds like a wrong un' who's no good for you.

The only strategy here is to bin him off & then work on yourself. Don't be pining for a marriage proposal from a man who is sticking two fingers up & what you have.

He really isn't interested

AnyFucker Mon 14-Nov-16 12:18:47

A cheater with a drink problem ?

You can do better than that. Keep him binned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now