Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice for a newly single person - why didn't he call?

(14 Posts)
Itsnotlikeme Fri 11-Nov-16 22:50:15

There is a man at the gym who trains with a personal trainer at the same time as I train with mine. He has chatted to me a couple of times and is very warm and friendly. I thought his chat was platonic, but I overheard his trainer saying that he was being a 'Romeo' to my trianer which made me wonder.

Anyway, I was leaving the gym last week and he literally appeared out of nowhere (he had waited 30 mins for me to finish my session) telling me he hadnt seen me around and Today was his last day at this
gym and would I like to meet for a drink one evening. We had a little chat and he put my number into his phone.

I offered to take his number too but he said not to worry, he would text me so that I had his details.

It's been over a week and ive not heard from him since and I have been tying myself in knots overnight thinking this like a teenager blush

I thought he was smiley when we met and he waited half an hour for me. I don't know - maybe he thought I wasn't interested as I excused myself or maybe he wrote my number down wrong?

I willl never see him again so please put me out of my misery!

sorryoldwoman Fri 11-Nov-16 22:59:15

Could you go back to the gym and see if the trainer knows how to get in touch with him? Nothing ventured nothing gained. smile

madgingermunchkin Fri 11-Nov-16 23:05:11

I have learnt the hard way that trying to understand the actions of men in the world of dating is utterly pointless.

Don't sweat it, it's him not you. Put it down to experience and move on.

dovesong Fri 11-Nov-16 23:06:10

Maybe he got busy, maybe something happened in his family, maybe he got back together with his ex, maybe he realised he isn't in the right headspace for dating. There are tons of possible reasons, none of them your fault. I'd just move on tbh!

VanillaSugarCandyCanes Fri 11-Nov-16 23:07:20

Maybe he lost your number?

ALaughAMinute Fri 11-Nov-16 23:13:34

if he wrote your number down wrong he could always go back to the gym to try and find you couldn't he?

Forget him.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Fri 11-Nov-16 23:31:00

Do you know for sure he's single?

Clickclickclick Fri 11-Nov-16 23:33:27

For any number of reasons. If he wrote your number down wrong and was really interested, he'd go back to your gym to track you down. Just move on i think.

RebelRogue Fri 11-Nov-16 23:40:21

Many sensible,innocent reasons,but the cynic in me is with Pam and i highly suspect he's already involved,hence his reluctance to give you his details. Or he's playing mind games...which just as bad.

lottieandmia Sat 12-Nov-16 01:26:18

Ime, men reluctant to give out their number to you are married / in a relationship. So they bide their time wrt when they will contact you.

Itsnotlikeme Sat 12-Nov-16 10:15:21

That's reallly bad if he is in s relationship already!!
What I should have mentioned is that it was my last day at the gym
Also - we started on the same day on a 12 week package so he wouldn't be able to look for me if he tried.

First time I have been chatted up in years and he seemed lovely - sad

Wish he hadn't bothered so I wouldn't be thinking about it!

Bluntness100 Sat 12-Nov-16 10:18:35

Move on, stop thinking about it, the,fact he wouldn't give uou his number speaks volumes. Married or not that interested.

Hissy Sat 12-Nov-16 15:54:09

Who does he think he is? And why the fuck do you care?

Friends don't treat friends like that, sounds like he's on an ego trip, collecting numbers instead of notches

He could call or text you, but he hasn't.

Let it go right there and IF you see him again be cool and monosyllabic

yogayear Sat 12-Nov-16 16:24:35

He was keeping his options open by getting your number.Dont put too much store in him hanging around, it probadly suited him at the time.

I wasted energy and time thinking of why men wouldn't call.When they are interested they take action, be sure of that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now