Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How pissed off would you be?

(8 Posts)
ByeByeLilSebastian Thu 10-Nov-16 10:52:33

I said to dh this morning that I might do a pregnancy test as my period is late. I've come off the injection so not overly worried.
Dh then basically accused me of cheating and asked who's baby it would be. We use a condom every time but there have been a few times when he's wanted in to me but not cum (sorry I know that's tmi), and that got me paranoid that there's a very slight chance I could be pg.
I laughed his statement off at the time but now I'm thinking about it it's pissing me off. I've done to suggest I could be cheating. I leave my phone laying round all the time, he can go on it whenever he wants. Why would he accuse me of cheating?

mumonashoestring Thu 10-Nov-16 10:57:27

I think I'd be quite worried about his grasp of basic reproductive biology. Maybe buy him a nice simple book on how it all works with short words and lots of pictures and tell him I'd consider having sex with him again once he knew what he was doing.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 10-Nov-16 11:01:19

Very pissed off. Except it wouldn't have happened to me because DH always knew about the failure rates of different methods, and that exactly what you do can make a difference.

ByeByeLilSebastian Thu 10-Nov-16 11:01:29

He doesn't seem to think there's any chance that doing that could result in pregnancy. I know there's not much chance but it's a risk I don't want to take!
It was just the way his first thought was that it was someone else's that got to me. I thought he could trust me.

Charlie97 Thu 10-Nov-16 12:52:56

The instructions in a packet of condoms should explain how to use them.

I'm sorry but to immediately jump to the conclusion you've been unfaithful is not acceptable. Has he never heard of a contraception failure??? Never mind not using contraception.

He sounds like he's about 16, how old is he?

Apart from his stupidity surrounding contraception, his accusations are intolerable!

TheNaze73 Thu 10-Nov-16 13:43:00

As if condoms alone are enough. They're not considered contraception if used alone any more. He needs to wake up, grow up & you should buy him a biology book.

Trifleorbust Thu 10-Nov-16 13:51:08

I would be very pissed off indeed, of course.

AmeliaJack Thu 10-Nov-16 13:53:27

I'd be hurt and furious. Loudly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now