Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Jobless STBXH has a new job but hasn't told me, what do I do?

(5 Posts)
OhBlissOhJoy Wed 02-Nov-16 23:34:05

He lost his job a couple of weeks ago. Has said he can't afford to pay the mortgage and bills even though he is living in the house and I have had to move out into a house share because I don't want to be under the same roof as him. He's trawling through our joint account trying to find money he feels he is owed as he is skint.
I've been chatting tonight with a mutual friend who wasn't aware of the situation and he's told me that he's posted about a new job on FB. I don't know if it's true, he's posted things before because he knows I have "spies" telling me what he is up to (I haven't asked but a few people have told me anyway) and I don't know what to do now. He knows I will pay the mortgage if he doesn't as I need to keep my credit history good so I can get a new mortgage but if he has a new job - why should I?! How do I find out if it's true or not?

HeddaGarbled Wed 02-Nov-16 23:44:58

Don't worry about that right now. Even if he does have a job, you can't make him pay anything if he refuses. Just keep going with the divorce and sale of the house and division of equity and it will all be sorted in the end.

OhBlissOhJoy Wed 02-Nov-16 23:52:08

It's so frustrating Hedda, I've bailed him out to the tune of thousands while we were together (which he is refusing to pay back as his solicitor has told him it was joint funds) and am continuing to have to bail him out while we have split!
<Stamps foot in a Kevin and Perry way> It's so unfair!!!

HeddaGarbled Thu 03-Nov-16 00:02:48

I know, sweetheart. Get that house sold and the financial settlement done and dusted then the freeloading fucker will be out of your hair forever grin

OhBlissOhJoy Thu 03-Nov-16 00:06:02

I want your attitude!!! Can you be me for the next few months flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now