Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Perspective needed please am I over reacting ?

(3 Posts)
moonie70 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:08:33

Hi , some advice please on my current situation .
I have been talking to a guy on and off for a year and we finally decided after a few dates this month to see how things go .
I'm extra cautious as I have been cheated on before so don't know if I'm looking for red flags and over thinking things.
Today our txt messages were about making plans for wed night and again on Friday with him stating how much he likes me and wants to make a go of it and we could have something special , all well and good till I look on his instagram and find today he has put a post on about being single and how that means just cause he is single there's nothing wrong with him , one of those quotes , one of his friends a girl liked it , now am I being over sensitive to think that on the same day your telling me you want a relationship with me and the next min posting this ..
most of his friends on there are gitls including his ex girlfriend ...
why would he want them to know he's single even after agreeing to see me ..
please give me some perspective as I really am scared I'm being played .
Thanks in advance

springydaffs Tue 01-Nov-16 21:53:35

It's not looking good, is it sad

No, I don't think you're overreacting.

moonie70 Wed 02-Nov-16 01:01:41

Thank you Springydaffs , better I find out early just needed someone else's opinion . I'll block him and move on .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now