Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Leaving my partner... Don't know what to do?

(6 Posts)
Squashberry Mon 31-Oct-16 10:54:58

I'm leaving my partner. I've had enough.
I just don't know where to start. I don't have any family at all or friends or support network to help. I don't have any savings, we've just moved to a new area and I haven't even got a job yet, so literally no money except for a couple of grand in my childrens bank account. Most of the furniture is mine and I have a car. So how on earth do I leave, where do I go, where to start etc. I'm not worried about his reaction, things have been crappy for ages and I've told him many a time I don't know how much longer I can put up with it. I have no where to go but I need to leave. sad

loveyoutothemoon Mon 31-Oct-16 11:36:02

How old are your children? If they are at school, could you get a job part time first before you do anything?

blondebuddha Mon 31-Oct-16 11:43:59

Do you need to leave? Is it a possibility that you could kick him out?

Either way, I hope it works out for you

Squashberry Mon 31-Oct-16 13:38:23

They're at school. I am applying for work but haven't got anything as of yet. He pays the rent etc so I cant kick him out.

hellsbellsmelons Mon 31-Oct-16 13:50:45

Do you have friends in another part of the country?
What have you had enough of?
Are the kids his or just yours?
I would suggest your first stop is CAB.
See if they can help at all.

loveyoutothemoon Mon 31-Oct-16 14:01:06

After you've got a job, ask him to go. If he won't could you rent somewhere? Get help with benefits, working tax credit, housing benefit etc. Could a family member help pay for a deposit?

This is what I did. Best decision ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now