Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dunno where to start!

(5 Posts)
sharron6970 Tue 25-Oct-16 10:26:22

Hi, my situation is that I'm engaged, been with partner for 2 years, but we have known each other for 23. I had kids with someone else, and then my kids dad and I split up 11 years ago. It was also the last time I lived with someone. To cut a long story short, he moved in this week, and its driving me demented! I'm not used to having someone around the house, sharing my bed (and he snores!), telling him what to cook, as he has never lived with anyone either. He's kind, and a good fella, but why am I feeling like this? He keeps talking about how much he's saved towards the wedding fund as well, and I don't want to hear it right now. Feeling miserable I feel like this..:-( x

Mouikey Tue 25-Oct-16 10:32:28

It will take a while for you both to get into a routine and it's hard!!! You will both have your quirks and will be trying to 'please' at this stage. I found it difficult when I moved in with my dp (now DH), his mum even apologised for him being so messy! It actually was the claustrophobia of having someone there all the time that got me, but it improved and we got into a natural swing!

Take things easy, it will be a tough couple of months but sit down and discuss some boundaries and maybe set aside some 'you' time so you (and he) can have a breather!

Mouikey Tue 25-Oct-16 10:32:57

Oh and bioears are great to block out snoring!

forumdonkey Tue 25-Oct-16 10:42:55

I couldn't imagine living with someone again and I think I'd feel like you.

sharron6970 Tue 25-Oct-16 11:38:09

Thanks for your messages, have taken on board what you have said...will have a discussion with him at some point over the next week or so. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now