Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Was I stupid to take him back?

(6 Posts)
skinnycap Wed 19-Oct-16 23:18:41

Long story short; my DP left me to go back to an old flame and then left her to come back to me and our DC....I love him and think his earlier departure was down to work/kid stresses....He tells me he hasn't seen or heard from her in weeks but I am not sure I believe him as he is secretive with his phone....he has switched off his notifications, always has it on silent and NEVER uses it when I am around. This is not typical for him however I note that when he is in work he is on IM constantly and never to me.....I knew taking him back would be hard but I didn't think my levels of paranoia would be this high.....DC are glad he's back, as am I but I do worry that he could be messing around again....was going to contact OW to find out....what do you think?

Kr1stina Wed 19-Oct-16 23:20:46

You are not paranoid, you have good reasons to mistrust him.

LellyMcKelly Thu 20-Oct-16 01:03:27

Yep - he's messing around. You know it.

pinkyredrose Thu 20-Oct-16 01:14:22

Do you think they split up and he came back because it's cheaper than renting his own place, gets food and sex and doesn't have to go.out of his way to see his kids? Because from what you've written that sounds likely.

Only you know how much you're willing to put up with.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 20-Oct-16 01:39:43

He's clearly up to no good. It's not paranoia if someone has already fucked up. Ask to see his phone, unlocked, straight away. His reaction will tell you.

Livelovebehappy Thu 20-Oct-16 11:44:44

He should be bending over backwards to make you feel you have made the right decision in taking him back. That includes showing you his phone on demand. If you are suspicious then you have every right to ask to see his phone. If he says no, then he clearly has something to hide. In fact, that's one of the things I would have said when taking him back; that he has to keep all devices open and available for you to look at. To rebuild the trust can take years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now