Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What is this guy playing at?

(15 Posts)
Maybeitsthered Sun 16-Oct-16 20:32:49

Not interested? Trying to make me jealous? Just after a drunk shag?

He was a FWB for about 6 months. I caught feelings and called it off. He agreed and said it was probably for the best, I'd broken the mold and as neither of us wanted a relationship it was for the best. This was two months ago.

We've had the occasional text since then, he went on holiday to somewhere I've been and asked for some tips/recommendations. General hi how are you stuff.

TBH it has been hard as I had fallen for him but I'm not ready for a relationship yet as I've just come out of a long term marriage and he is a committed single too.

Last night he sent me this text at 3am. Hi X, just got in, have met someone just like you, you'll love her! Hope we can always be friends wherever life takes us. He then followed it up a few minutes later with some sex chat.

I was just getting to the point where he wasn't occupying my thoughts all day and night. It's like there is a bloody bell that goes off and tells them your getting over them.

Any thoughts?

JennyHolzersGhost Sun 16-Oct-16 20:35:17

Block him.

Maybeitsthered Sun 16-Oct-16 20:36:27

I want too. Just can't seem to make myself hit the button blush

LesisMiserable Sun 16-Oct-16 20:42:09

Is he 15?

user1474320794 Sun 16-Oct-16 20:50:19

Drunk text maybe

M00nUnit Sun 16-Oct-16 20:53:09

What a twat. Yes he's trying to make you jealous. He's met someone else but he wants to keep you on the back-burner. Hope you meet someone else soon who is more worthy of you.

Maybeitsthered Sun 16-Oct-16 21:00:15

Yes he was pissed!

Maybeitsthered Sun 16-Oct-16 21:01:18

No idea why he felt the need to tell me. And also that she'd love to meet me as he's told her all about me hmm

user1474320794 Sun 16-Oct-16 21:04:37

I think he's making it up, why would he love you to meet her? Weird. Drunk, thinking of you and jealous

Ohyesiam Sun 16-Oct-16 21:08:32

Men like him always seem to somehow sense when you are just beginning to loosen the grip they had on you, and then they pounce.
He is playing games with you.

CancelTheCheque Sun 16-Oct-16 21:08:51

Could he have meant 'I just made a new friend whilst out' rather than 'I have a new girlfriend'?

carmenta Sun 16-Oct-16 21:09:58

Block him. If he wanted to be with you he would be with you. The rest is bullshit game playing.

benbry Sun 16-Oct-16 21:12:20

So you called it off because you fell for him? Not sure I get it.

TheNaze73 Sun 16-Oct-16 22:28:08

Didn't you post this last week?

PoppyBirdOnAWire Mon 17-Oct-16 00:14:15

Short term memory loss...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now