Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating question

(5 Posts)
Mistykit Sun 16-Oct-16 13:43:14

I met a guy on an app (not tinder) in early Sept. We've had 4 dates ... safe to say that i like him from what I have gotten to know about him thus far. I want to put it out there and tell him that I don't want to see other people and see how he reacts. I probably shouldn't say it though and wait for him to say something first, right?

Myusernameismyusername Sun 16-Oct-16 13:56:14

Why have you got to wait for him?
4 dates isn't long enough for me personally to know it's that serious. I'm dating someone of a similar time line and 5 dates I think I will wait until I feel comfortable enough to bring it up and judge the atmosphere of our 'relationship'
I will probably go down that road if we have sex. We haven't yet but I don't want to have sex with someone who is having sex with anyone else (personal choice)

TheNaze73 Sun 16-Oct-16 14:02:36

I think it's far too soon & likely to scare anyone off

Myusernameismyusername Sun 16-Oct-16 14:11:36

I don't know whether this is in any way a normal outlook on this but NO WAY do I want my current dating partner to think I am all ready to settle down with him, I don't want us to stop putting in the effort with each other and actually don't mind the idea that we both don't know if there are other people on the scene. it makes me put in even more effort with him because if that conversation ever happens I want to know it's because we both really mean it not that we both felt kind of obliged to say it before we were ready.
I'm not going out of the way to keep mine on his toes and I don't mention other people and neither does he. We had this talk the other day about someone he works with who knows the last person her new partner had sex with and I laughed and said I will keep that information to myself and happy if he does too. I don't want to know that stuff I'm just enjoying the now

Mistykit Sun 16-Oct-16 14:26:38

Yeah I'm just going to chill out and see how it pans out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now