Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The wait after the first date

(16 Posts)
Belle89 Sun 09-Oct-16 22:01:21

Had a date on Friday, went well and he asked to meet again etc 😍 but quiet since?
Exchanged a brief message yesterday to say thank you for the gift he bought and he thanked me too for a lift home.
Don't want to bombard him with messages and he doesn't seem to be online today. Met online, in everything going on just forgot to exchange numbers.
Hate hate hate the wait lol. Trying to wait it out but tempted to message my number and just wait and see? What do you all do?

Bountybarsyuk Sun 09-Oct-16 22:41:39

I would just wait, as you have already messaged each other and he didn't suggest another date. I know lots of people on here would say just ask again, but i wouldn't, you've only just had the date, if he wanted to see you again, he'd message/go online and ask for your number. Why not join one of the dating threads running here where you can go through the agonies of the ups and downs together?

TheNaze73 Sun 09-Oct-16 22:41:57

Everyone is different, so I don't think there's a right or wrong here. Personally, I'd not chase but, each to their own. Good luck

ALaughAMinute Sun 09-Oct-16 22:47:12

I wouldn't chase either. It's only Sunday FFS smile. Wait.

ChequeOff Sun 09-Oct-16 22:53:33

I'd wait. Good luck!

forumdonkey Sun 09-Oct-16 23:13:41

If you get two people who don't chase then you're going to be at a stalemate. Message him with your number then the ball is in his court.

LovePGtipsMonkey Mon 10-Oct-16 00:43:06

but it's only been TWO days and he's already asked you out for another date in principle! Best to wait till the start of the week - he may have things on during the w/end, he's not online - absolutely normal not to message daily immediately!

Belle89 Mon 10-Oct-16 07:24:21

Thanks all, going to see if I can wait it out at least until this eve, never knew I was so impatient! Not cut out for this dating game lol.

PastoralCare Mon 10-Oct-16 12:54:03

But the sooner you communicate with him the sooner you'll know if he is interested or not.

If he's not interested and you wait, you might waste a lot of time hoping for something that has no chance of happening.

Belle89 Tue 11-Oct-16 10:00:15

Sent a message last night but he's not been online since we spoke briefly Saturday. Assuming he's not interested but confused as he was asking to meet again during the date. Ahhh I'm not cut out for this lol feeling crap about it all today as I had definitely built my hopes up 😑

happyandsingle Tue 11-Oct-16 10:11:18

So many do this online-then ghost you its quite a common thing with online dating. Give him a chance its still early days some men get in touch days later when you have given up hope of ever hearing again!

TheBakeryQueen Tue 11-Oct-16 10:12:14

Personally I think he would've asked for your number if he was keen.
I could be wrong but I'd put this one to the back of your mind.
I wouldn't contact him again, if he is interested then he will be in touch.

Belle89 Tue 11-Oct-16 10:24:09

So frustrating he said when I left him text me tomorrow, silly me didn't think about phone numbers😂

FinallyHere Tue 11-Oct-16 10:27:38

Best think to do, to keep you from obsessing about the last date, is to widen the net and have another look for who is out there. Then if he does come back, its a bonus and if he doesn't ...well, you are too busy to care. All the best...

ChequeOff Tue 11-Oct-16 10:31:19

Hmm. Text me tomorrow. Personally I hate it when people say things like that. If you want to text me tomorrow then fine but don't tell me to text you tomorrow! But that's just me smile

Belle89 Thu 13-Oct-16 20:47:34

Nearly a week on and he's still not been online. Never mind silly me had really got my hopes up on this one lol. Shall keep on keeping on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now