Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Second date worries

(8 Posts)
Sofiatheworst Wed 05-Oct-16 17:11:53

I posted on here a while ago about wanting to meet someone and after some advice I signed up to an Internet dating site. Tonight is a second date with a man I met on there and I feel a bit sick about it. He's nice and we have a lot in common but I am so rubbish at the dating milarkey. Plus I'm lying to the 13 year old and I've told her I'm going out with friends and I feel really guilty for leaving her for a couple of hours. I need to get a grip.

I just needed to write it down I think blush wish me luck!!

Meadows76 Wed 05-Oct-16 17:16:29

Why are you lying to your child?

Happybunny19 Wed 05-Oct-16 17:17:58

Just go and have fun. Your dad is 13, surely you want to leave her for a couple of hours. Good luck

Myusernameismyusername Wed 05-Oct-16 17:18:34

If I tell mine it's a date they ask me 1000000 questions! So I just say 'friends'

You will be fine. Don't panic. Don't drink too much. Just be yourself and remember to breathe!

Happybunny19 Wed 05-Oct-16 17:18:39

DD not dad, bloody autocorrect

Bagina Wed 05-Oct-16 17:20:38

I'd lie too; she doesn't need to know. Enjoy, be yourself, don't put up with any crap, be assertive. He's lucky to be with you. There's plenty more to meet.

TheNaze73 Wed 05-Oct-16 17:23:32

Best of luck OP. Hope it all goes well.

Play the game, not the occasion smile

Sofiatheworst Wed 05-Oct-16 17:32:53

Thank you all smile no alcohol for me as I'm driving!! Wish I could have a few to steady the nerves.

Yes she definitely doesn't need to know yet! I'm not the kind to introduce a man into her life until I was sure about them. But that's just my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now