Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Such a mug & now hurt

(11 Posts)
PJsAndWine Thu 29-Sep-16 18:54:53

Basically I had been seeing the guy for about 2 months & had feelings for him & like the mug that I am had started to fall for him.

I know I fell for him pretty quick but he said and did all the right things.

During the 2 months we were seeing each my Nan passed away then his grandad passed away so it was pretty stressful and both were/are grieving.

This week we had a massive argument over god knows what - it got very nasty & both said some spiteful things out of anger.
We've since spoken and things have calmed down, he just wants to be friends which I said ok to.

I'm now hurting and struggling and just want to tell him how I feel but scared it will start another argument

AnyFucker Thu 29-Sep-16 19:00:30

Far too much dramaz

How old are you ?

PJsAndWine Thu 29-Sep-16 19:04:47

Am 22, so know I'm still young and got my life ahead, but really liked him

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 29-Sep-16 19:05:17

You poor thing, it sounds like you've had a stressful time and now this.
I wonder if it got a bit intense too quickly and you sort of bonded with each other over your grief, if you see what I mean.
One big argument doesn't have to be the end so maybe wait for the dust to settle and tell him how you feel?
I think it's almost impossible to revert back to being just friends, especially if you feel differently to him. I would say make another go of it or cut contact, rather than you hanging on for something more. I think that would be less painful.

flowers for you.

AnyFucker Thu 29-Sep-16 19:05:33

Move on

whitershadeofpale Thu 29-Sep-16 19:09:03

How do you feel, you haven't really said? And why would that cause an arguement?

Two months isn't long but I think you can be sure of your feelings if you're old enough and with enough experience. It sounds like it's been a stressful time but if you're going to be trending on eggshells the whole time it's not worth it.

arsenaltilidie Thu 29-Sep-16 19:11:50

Move on, 2 months in but you are already saying nasty stuff to each other!

AyeAmarok Thu 29-Sep-16 20:09:26

If you're arguing and saying nasty things only 2 months in, then it's not the relationship for you.

Don't dwell on it any longer, move on.

Happybunny19 Thu 29-Sep-16 20:24:55

It's far too early in a relationship to be having any arguments, move on you're too young for this drama, life is supposed to be fun.

PJsAndWine Thu 29-Sep-16 20:58:35

The arguments have been caused by both of us being upset/angry/hurt etc over a grandparent dying. Then just escalated as we've both kept adding to the fire.

AnyFucker Thu 29-Sep-16 21:17:39

And of course a grandparent dying means you take it out on each other ? Two months in you should both be on your best behaviour and shagging like bunnies to get over any individual hurts

Don't try and justify a shit relationship, op

Neither of you sound remotely grown up enough for a mature partnership

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now