Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I've got an appointment with Women's Aid today

(14 Posts)
jayho Tue 27-Sep-16 09:37:57

I'm going to have to have a shower and get dressed and drive to town and park and all that shit before I even think about having to talk about the relationship shit.

My anxiety meds haven't kicked in yet and it feels impossible.

Can I have a kick up the arse please?

Teacupinastorm Tue 27-Sep-16 09:40:39

You can do this! It may feel impossible now but take it a step at a time and you feel really feel much better when you've done it.

Helloooomeee Tue 27-Sep-16 09:43:25

Not so much as a kick up the arse but hopefully some gentle encouragement... take it one step at a time.

If you can achieve this when the anxiety meds haven't kicked in yet imagine what you can achieve when they do!! You're stronger than you think and you need to do this now for a happier future.

Good luck! flowers

jayho Tue 27-Sep-16 09:47:33

Thank you both.

jayho Tue 27-Sep-16 11:06:15

I've washed and dressed, heading off.

FruitCider Tue 27-Sep-16 11:08:05

Good luck op!!!

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Tue 27-Sep-16 11:08:08

Oh well done Jay. Thinking of you smile

Vintagegirl1 Tue 27-Sep-16 13:31:03

Hi good luck. I went to womans aid 3 weeks ago regarding my financially and emotionally abusive dh. They were lovely. I am waiting to be assigned a support worker to help me build my confidence.

reader77 Tue 27-Sep-16 13:33:26

Thinking of you. Xx

jayho Tue 27-Sep-16 13:34:48

Thanks all.

They were lovely. Sucked a bit having to go over it all again but very supportive.

MUjunkie Tue 27-Sep-16 13:37:03

You've got as far as knowing you need the support and you need to get out, just keep that feeling with you and keep strong flowers

hellsbellsmelons Tue 27-Sep-16 13:39:35

Well done for going and talking about it.
It's a massive first step and you did it.
Stay strong.

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Tue 27-Sep-16 14:37:03

Glad it went well.

Helloooomeee Wed 28-Sep-16 17:01:38

Well done Jay you've taken the first and hardest step. That's not to say it's going to be easy but you'll get there! How are you feeling today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now