Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do you think my new guy has a Girlfriend

(9 Posts)
harryploppers Mon 26-Sep-16 19:17:57

I have a feeling and I want to know if I am paranoid or not.

This is a guy I really like, I have not done anything with him yet but we have been on a couple dates which have gone great, we really click.

However when I first met him, before I went out on my first date a few suspicious things on his whatsapp.
He had his status as "people change"
He had a photo of his legs by a pool with a girls legs in the same shoes
He changed his photo to "A girl who is down for you is more than money can buy"

He has only called me when we have planned to go out other than that it is whatsapp messages however he does things like messages me in the morning "morning beautiful" "have a nice day at work"

When I last saw him I did say to him I suspected he had a girlfriend and he laughed and made me feel stupid, he said he will call his brother to confirm in front of me.
He is also always eager to come in my house however he did suggest we go to his house on the same day which I declined.

We are both 25 years.

Is any of this suspicious to you?

ohwhatsinausername Mon 26-Sep-16 19:24:11

Sounds suspicious to me.

But more because I wonder if he has recently split from someone and is trying to show off he's better off without them in my opinion - like he's been dumped by her. Hence "people change" and someone being "down for you" Just my initial impression of the situation.

I wouldn't get too invested until you've got to know him more. Don't rush.

allsfairinlove Mon 26-Sep-16 19:28:02

To be fair, from your OP, it sounds as though you're not yet in a proper relationship so he may be dating other women - unless you've agreed otherwise?

flopsypopsymopsy Mon 26-Sep-16 19:28:05

I've no idea but if I wasn't sure I wouldn't be jumping into a relationship with him (or into bed for that matter).

allsfairinlove Mon 26-Sep-16 19:30:03

But the "making you feel stupid" doesn't sound great.

harryploppers Mon 26-Sep-16 19:34:20

ohwhat that is exactly what I thought with the people change status.
Also his status is hidden now and he has no last seen.

Alls no we are not in a relationship just see each other and have a good time, haven't done anything sexual or even kissed yet.

When I asked him he said he last had a girlfriend early this year but he brushed it off I think he was lying here.

BolshierAryaStark Mon 26-Sep-16 19:35:36

Nothing in your OP would make me think he had a girlfriend no, he offered for you to go to his place-you declined.
It's early days, I'd stop 2nd guessing him & enjoy his company if you like him.

TheNaze73 Mon 26-Sep-16 19:56:13

I think you're over thinking this. Just go with the flow & see what happens

CatpainBlackUdder Mon 26-Sep-16 20:01:32

He doesn't sound worth wasting your time on tbh. The fact he's hidden his status after you expressed suspicions is a bad sign. Being more transparent rather than less would have been a good way to react to that, so maybe he is seeing someone else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now