Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Holiday Romance

(15 Posts)
conway Wed 21-Sep-16 21:18:19

I have been divorced for 2 years now and had a great holiday in August with my 2 boys.
I met a great guy there, also divorced and with2 boys of a similar age,
We spent a lot of time together and on the last time had a kiss and cuddle.
Unfortunately he lives 300 miles away and since we are back he tells me he has a girlfriend.
We have been messaging each other and have spoken on the phone.
We have arranged to meet up in a hotel soon- my idea- But I have got cold feet and not sure it is a good idea. I feel I am becoming obsessed with his texts. It is so nice to have someone interested in me.
Need advice on whether I should meet him ?

MephistoMarley Wed 21-Sep-16 21:19:44

He's got a girlfriend. What are you thinking?

KinkyAfro Wed 21-Sep-16 21:20:28

His poor girlfriend

HuckfromScandal Wed 21-Sep-16 21:21:15

Not a Czech
Please do yourself a favour and move n

tribpot Wed 21-Sep-16 21:24:10

It is so nice to have someone interested in me.

You and her, presumably. Not so nice to have him only half-interested in you?

Lottahugz Wed 21-Sep-16 21:25:03

^
My thoughts exactly!!!

My take, don't even think of hooking up except if all you are after is a tumble between the sheets.

But if emotion is attached you will be on the losing end confused

Shakey15000 Wed 21-Sep-16 21:25:46

No. You shouldn't meet him. You already know he has a girlfriend and cheats so why would you? I get that it's nice to feel wanted but this is a non starter.

AnyFucker Wed 21-Sep-16 21:27:43

Ugh

KinkyAfro Wed 21-Sep-16 21:29:10

I think you and your sons deserve better than a man cheating on his girlfriend

pictish Wed 21-Sep-16 21:31:45

He has a gf...yet you have invited him to a hotel for sex with you. You obviously don't give a fuck.
Nice one.

AnyFucker Wed 21-Sep-16 21:37:12

Desperate sad

ILiveForNachos Wed 21-Sep-16 21:49:04

I totally understand how nice the attention must be and how much you are probably wrapped up in the current excitement. It's very nice to feel wanted again. However, he's a cheater and only thinking of himself so this can only end badly for you. You would go to the hotel, like him even more and then he would go back to his girlfriend. In a few weeks time you would hate yourself for what you had done and feel even worse than before the attention.

Use this as knowledge that you can like someone again and men do find you attractive and then go and get one that isn't a cheating, lying knobhead.

Texfactor Wed 21-Sep-16 22:35:08

Really?
No.

Luvjubs Wed 21-Sep-16 23:40:04

Classy

ohdofeckoffnowdear Thu 22-Sep-16 03:44:36

Op get a bloddy grip! He has a girlfriend!!!

No you should not meet him angry

Stop messaging him, and move on.

His poor girlfriend confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now