Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

EA?

(6 Posts)
Mistykit Wed 21-Sep-16 18:54:52

Bear with me please. I think this is half a rant and half looking for validation. Me & my ex broke up about 6 wks ago (only together for 7 months) but this was EA, yes?

-refusing to have sex with me for 2 months saying that he's "not feeling it"
- taking the piss out of how I look in photos and then liking tits/ass hanging out of shorts photos on social media. He has stopped this now that he has a new girlfriend.
-told me a couple of times that I'm disgusting (I'm not)
-asking me to do do something on a particular day; I do it; then tells me it was meant to be a different day and that he had told me correctly (he definitely did not tell me the correct day)
-frequently called me crazy
-letting me believe we had got back together after a break up (going out on dates, sleeping together, spending a lot of time together) and then denying we had got back together. Telling me I got it wrong, it was my fault for doing so and I shouldn't have slept with him
-generally critising me and putting me down often
-trying to make me jealous
-asking me to call over and then saying I don't give him enough space
-threats to dump me anytime I had tried to talk to him about us
-not allowing me to try to make any plans / dates with him. Only he was to do this (got threatened with being dumped for that too)

I feel like such a fool for putting up with him. My confidence & self-esteem is clearly low.

soaringdoves Wed 21-Sep-16 19:33:05

Thank your lucky stars he is an ex.
Dont absorb all the bullshit he fed you. Sounds like a guy i was once involved with, awful experience.

TheNaze73 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:36:26

Yes it was. Pleased you got out. How/why did you stick it out for 7 months?

R2G Wed 21-Sep-16 19:44:05

Yes it was. You should stay on your own for now and build your self esteem x

Mistykit Wed 21-Sep-16 20:32:01

Thank you smile. For a while I thought I was going crazy because everyone loves the guy (can be charming). He used to tell me how to behave in front of people too.

Yup.. I am struggling to avoid absorbing the criticisms and nasty comments. I haven't quite got that switch flicked over in my head yet.

He was like that for the last 4 months.. was on good behaviour for the first 3. I'm quite sure he started cheating around then too (only found this out yesterday).

You dodged a bullet there love. Well done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now