Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My partner violently hit me

(2 Posts)
Zeb20 Tue 20-Sep-16 21:49:54

My partner has hit me and I don't know how I'm going to get through it. Please if anyone has advice on how to tell the kids that daddy is not living with us anymore and how to stay strong. The weight of guilt and sorrow is truly unbearable and as of yet I haven't felt any anger is that normal ?? It only happened two days ago

Wolfiefan Tue 20-Sep-16 21:53:52

You need to consider the practical stuff. Are you safe? Does he have access to the property? Have you reported it? Police involved?

Then the emotional stuff. What support do you have? Were the kids about when this happened? If they saw it or you have obvious marks then that makes things very different. And how old are they?
As for staying strong. Your kids need to know this type of behaviour is never ok. They never have to suffer a relationship like this.
Guilt? HE hit YOU. you have no reason to feel guilt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now