Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feel a bit sick. Mid break up with STBXH. When will it all end FFS?

(3 Posts)
TBHhadEnough Tue 20-Sep-16 17:53:09

There's been a lot of email ping pong. I can't talk to him. I can't stand him anymore and I feel so guilty. He's a nice enough bloke with a good heart but he's paranoid, needy and just won't listen to me.

We're trying to work out the financials. I kind of get the idea that he thinks the family assets are mostly his. I just emailed him what I want in no uncertain terms, not nasty. Now I'm on tenterhooks wondering how he's going to take it.

I've engaged a solicitor and I know what I'm entitled to but it's so alien to me that I should, well, look after myself. I know I have to look after my kids and to do that, I'll have to fight. I'm just hoping he's not going to be unreasonable or emotionally manipulate me, which he has been doing. We're in separate bedrooms, kids don't know yet. Fuck fuck

When will it all end <pulls hair out>

Threepineapples Tue 20-Sep-16 17:59:31

Have you considered mediation? I know it probably sounds like the last thing you want to do but a good mediator could help both of you get to a reasonable settlement without continuing the ping pong and acrimony.

I found it easier to leave the issues in the mediation room rather than them dominating every waking minute.

TBHhadEnough Tue 20-Sep-16 18:04:39

Thanks Pineapples. That's what we're going to do. I'm just shit at standing up for myself, so that's the best way forward for me. I've just got to be careful I don't fold. He's very good at the emotional manipulation, which is why I won't speak to him in person and I will only email

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now