Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

reigniting a flame

(14 Posts)
invisiblecloak Tue 20-Sep-16 13:03:19

Has anyone ever finished it with a guy after a short time of dating, then got back with him successfully?
if so - after how long did you reach out to him?
what did you do/say to re-ignite?

I finished with a guy I thought wasn't right for me, we dated about a month, but as time has gone on I really miss having him in my life and I don't know whether to re-spark something, its only been two weeks since I broke it off, should I wait a while?

PotatoBread Tue 20-Sep-16 13:04:46

What's happened in the past two weeks that makes you think he may be right for you now when he wasn't before? Are you sure it's not just a case of you'd rather have him as a stop gap rather than no one?

invisiblecloak Tue 20-Sep-16 13:11:18

I think I expected too much from the 'relationship' at the time, when in actual fact I realise now it was only early days and I should have only expected something fairly casual at that point. Which is what he was giving me, in hindsight I think I was expecting too much too soon as I should have realised we were still at getting-to-know-you-stage.

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 20-Sep-16 13:13:31

Reach out, re ignite, re spark. And you wanted too much. You sound very err intense. Frankly you should just leave the poor bloke alone to find someone to have a normal relationship with. And work on your self esteem.

PotatoBread Tue 20-Sep-16 13:15:55

Do you know if he would like to reignite things OP? This could all be a bit pointless if he has no interest. Has there been any contact from him?

Invisiblecloak Tue 20-Sep-16 13:19:15

Thanks Tigger, you may be right, but I think I just got caught up in the whole thing because he too was quite intense. My self esteem is honestly fine. The fact is I really liked this one and that may have skewed things a bit, but I rarely get hung up over guys (when the XDH left I waved him bye bye and didn't shed a tear)

BreatheDeep Tue 20-Sep-16 13:20:54

I did! Married to him now... No one knows your situation so if you think you'll regret not reaching out to him, do it.

Invisiblecloak Tue 20-Sep-16 13:21:52

No Potato but he may be thinking that I broke it off so its me that doesn't want to go there again. He's also very stubborn/proud. Maybe I should leave it a while longer.

Invisiblecloak Tue 20-Sep-16 13:24:25

Really Breathe?? Wow I bet you are glad you reached out now! How long before you realised you needed to contact him? How did you reach out to him?

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 20-Sep-16 13:26:25

Why have you slightly name changed half way through the thread?

Invisiblecloak Tue 20-Sep-16 13:29:51

I have NC for this thread yes, I think thats allowed, isn't it? Namechanging is not caps sensitive.

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 20-Sep-16 13:39:56

Just wondered. It's showing as a different user as you're not highlighted in later posts and the only difference I can see is the capital letter.

Invisiblecloak Tue 20-Sep-16 13:47:32

I have no idea Tigger, the highlighting is the same for me throughout the thread, I have just put a capital letter at the front when I've typed in the name, that is all.

BreatheDeep Tue 20-Sep-16 13:50:44

It was only a couple of weeks. Slightly different situation as he ended it as he didn't want anything serious and I eventually got back in contact to say I never thought it was serious. So we started seeing each other again. It turns out it was meant to be serious after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now