Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need your help!

(8 Posts)
user1473341291 Fri 16-Sep-16 11:53:02

Hi everyone,

I really need to ask some advice. I have finally scheduled to go out on my first date in over 10 years and I'm terrified!
I met my date on a girls night at my local sizzlers pub (how romantic lol!)
I'm nervous about seeing him again as I've been out of the dating game for a long time.
Also I didn't mention about my 4 year old daughter and I think he may be a little younger than me! I guess I should get that out of the way to start with?? But I don't want him to put him off me!!

Should I tell him straight away or play it cool to see if we like each other first?

Any tips ladies??

Just talk to him how you would anyone else.
No need to specifically bring anything up unless it comes up.
You might not like him, you might not click...
Just relax and be yourself.
It's an adult night out so keep it that way.
You'll be fine, be yourself.

TheNaze73 Fri 16-Sep-16 12:28:37

Good luck OP. Just go out with the intention of having a good laugh with a friend, no pressure. You'll be fine smile

RedMapleLeaf Fri 16-Sep-16 12:39:43

Treat it as nothing more than an hour or so with someone you hardly know. Take pleasure in getting dressed up, take pleasure in finding out about them.

I know it's difficult, but don't think about him in terms of a boyfriend, long term relationship or father-figure to your DD.

user1473341291 Fri 16-Sep-16 12:42:42

Thanks ladies!

He's taking me somewhere really quite posh! I'm usually a lager drinker, shall I still stick with the lager or try and be a bit more classy? (Don't want to get too merry lol!)

jeaux90 Fri 16-Sep-16 12:52:08

How very exciting for you! Don't worry about laying your cards on the table at the moment, just enjoy the night. First date is always daunting, I was 'off the saddle' for 4 years whilst just focussing on my career and child as a single parent. Try and enjoy the excitement, the freedom and just have a nice time. xx

jeaux90 Fri 16-Sep-16 12:53:51

Oh and I drink larger too nothing wrong with that.....glass of wine if its dinner. Although if he is wanting to step it up with some champers just go with the flow x

timeforsomethingnewithink Fri 16-Sep-16 12:56:27

Just be yourself, if you usually drink lager then drink it.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now